Prayers and Thoughts Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purple.alien.giraffe

Executive Chef
I went back and forth about whether to post anything. My husband and I tend to be fairly private in dealing with hardship, only talking to the closest of friends and family. Ultimately, I decided no to Facebook, but yes to here.

My husband's sister has been batteling intestinal cancer for about 4 years. A year ago we found out she had tumors in several lymph-nodes, her liver, and one of her lungs. Last January the chemo stoped working. The tumors weren't shrinking and had started growing again. Yesterday we found out the cancer has spread to her brain. The doctors said she has about a month. Anything beyond that is luck or a miracle.

If you pray, could you please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Tena. I can't imagine how frightened and sad she must be fealing, please pray that she is given comfort and strength. She needs all that she can get. If you don't pray, she could use all the positive energy and thoughts you can spare.

Could you please also keep her family in your prayers. She is at the center of the family, the one who keeps in touch with everyone and holds everyone together. It's hit us all pretty hard. Losing someone is never easy, but losing the one that keeps the family feeling like a family, instead of just a group of people who share genetics, comes with worries and sorrow beyond the loss of that person.

For me, she was the first of my husband's family to accept me. To this day her and her sons are the only ones that have really embraced me as belonging. I can't pretend to know what my husband or the others are feeling, but I know I'm losing a dear friend and ally. I'm losing a sister.

My prayers are with her and her family. May she recieve a miracle of full and complete recovery.

PAG,
prayers and positive thoughts coming you way not just for you but Tena and your family. May peace be with all of you and may kindness fill your soul's. May love wrap it's arms around you, hold you tight and whisper in your ear love is yours now and forever.
kadesma

I'm not much of a spiritual person, but your family is in my thoughts.

Coincidentally, I have an ex-sister-in-law I was close to at one time who is going through the same thing. She went into hospice care a couple of weeks ago and is expected to pass any day now. It's a tough thing to go through.

It's hard to lose someone so special. My mom had the same role in my family and it was about a year before we found our footing as a family again. It's not the same without her but we manage. Prayers for you and your loved ones.

i'm so sorry, pag.

as i like to say my prayers when i do menial work on things like gardening or cleaning, i will say a rosary for tena and your family today as i do my chores, that god's will be done in a way that she has as much time as possible here on earth without suffering, and that your family finds some peace and strength together through his love.

Our thoughts and prayers are for your friend, for you and for your family.
May God grant you the strength to endure this ordeal.
Please know that everyone here at D.C. has you in their thoughts.

Healing thoughts and positive energy to you and your family, PAG.

PAG, you have been there for me, and now I return it openly and gladly. My love, hugs, thoughts and prayers are with all of you at this time. I do know how difficult it is to watch someone decline like that and there is nothing that you can do.

PM me if there is anything I can do - even just "listen".

Many sincere wishes for as much peace of mind as can be had in these difficult hours, for her and your family.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Stupid cancer :( I will say a prayer.

I went back and forth about whether to post anything. My husband and I tend to be fairly private in dealing with hardship, only talking to the closest of friends and family. Ultimately, I decided no to Facebook, but yes to here.

My husband's sister has been batteling intestinal cancer for about 4 years. A year ago we found out she had tumors in several lymph-nodes, her liver, and one of her lungs. Last January the chemo stoped working. The tumors weren't shrinking and had started growing again. Yesterday we found out the cancer has spread to her brain. The doctors said she has about a month. Anything beyond that is luck or a miracle.

If you pray, could you please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Tena. I can't imagine how frightened and sad she must be fealing, please pray that she is given comfort and strength. She needs all that she can get. If you don't pray, she could use all the positive energy and thoughts you can spare.

Could you please also keep her family in your prayers. She is at the center of the family, the one who keeps in touch with everyone and holds everyone together. It's hit us all pretty hard. Losing someone is never easy, but losing the one that keeps the family feeling like a family, instead of just a group of people who share genetics, comes with worries and sorrow beyond the loss of that person.

For me, she was the first of my husband's family to accept me. To this day her and her sons are the only ones that have really embraced me as belonging. I can't pretend to know what my husband or the others are feeling, but I know I'm losing a dear friend and ally. I'm losing a sister.

so sad for her and you as well. all my most postive thoughts are on the way.

Prayers sent for Tena and the family. It's a difficult thing to go through, I just was there last year with my mama. Try to remember that you and the family need to take care of yourselves as well.

Back
Top Bottom