Prayers, for DH's grandmother, please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
She is such a sweet sweet lady and she was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure today.
She is in her early 80's and can run circles around any of us:LOL: She is very active. She has had stints put in before,but, this scared her enough that she told MIL to come to the E.R. for her. Anytime before, she has told her no, don't worry, it's fine. So, MIL naturally got scared with this one. She thought she was having a heart attack and called an ambulance, thankfully, her son is staying with her and called. She couldn't breathe very well at all. Now we know it was because of the fluid in her lungs. They are going in tomorrow morning to find out the extent of it. She has already told the doctors, no heart surgery and of course, no life support, when that time comes. I just want this to be a mild thing and get her better with medication. DH's granddad passed 2 years ago and she is just getting back to life again.

Texas, hang on, it sounds worse than it is most times. DH's mom lived 20 years with it, only had to be careful of fluid intake. She hopefully will be fine..I'll be praying for her and all of you..Let me know if you need anything ..
kadesma

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the prayers!!

kadesma, I've been reading up on it. I knew basically what it was, but, I feel better about it now. She is strong and healthy other than this. I'm sure that she will live a lot longer.

sorry to hear it tg. prayers headed down texas way.

not to worry too much tho. my dad was diagnosed with chf a year or so ago, and after being watched carefully by his docs, adjusting meds and diet, he's doing well and has passed all of the doctor's most recent tests.

the doc suggested exercise, so he started walikng 5 miles a day.
we have no idea where he is as of this morning. bah dum dum...

she sounds like such a special lady, TG, and all my well wishes goes to her, you and the loved ones. Lets hope she will rewrite the Guiness book of world record while keeping running around!!:)

Faith

Hang on to your faith, texasgirl! KNOW that HE is there and will be gentle w/this dear lady. Sounds like someone you would like to keep around. These seniors sure fool the young ones. Goes to show you where their FAITH is! I am asking for special prayers for her. May her activity continue to be strong. May HE hold all of you in His arms. Got to lean on Him daily. She has experienced His blessings already by having her son and her family to care for her. Nothing should be taken for granted. What is her first name?

Texasgirl, know that I am sending a special prayer for you, your DH, family and especially for your hubby's grandmother and pray she will quickly return to good health. God bless you all.

We will keep you all in our prayers today too.

img_275478_0_828382c27b63bff067e633a198218f00.gif
img_275478_1_ff99e86e7ee4a17829dd32f7242d4ea0.gif

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
Thank you all soooo much!! They went in today and a constricted artery was the cause. They put in a stint. That will be her 3rd one. MIL called me just a while ago, it took all of an hour and she's already sitting up and eating LOL
She is the sweetest woman and just and honery!! I don't think anything will get her down for long. Thanks again for the prayers, they really helped!!

And bucky, don't worry, if he keeps walking, he'll get back there eventually!! LOL

Grateful

Our Father IS good! He heard all our prayers and has allowed her to be with us again. I thank Him for His grace and love in this incident. I don't go too far without talking to Him for help and advice. Give your loved one special hug for me and be sure to let her know God loves her very much!! Thanks texas, be grateful for each moment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom