Prayers for my BIL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thinking of you! Sending prayers! It's hard to imagine that something can happen this fast, isn't it? So glad he was near friends in the cafe that knew something was wrong with him! God bless!

Thanks everyone! I haven't heard anything today but I have a very good feeling about it.......no news is good news.

I guess Chuck isn't doing so well. He's now going through alcohol withdrawals and you can't understand him and they've had to restrain him. I feel so sorry for his wife. I didn't even know he had an alcohol problem. I don't know why they don't give him medication for the withdrawals. The only thing I can figure is that the medicine may interfere with his stroke treatment.

Thanks again everyone for your prayers......you guys are an amazing group of friends!

My DH had a stroke 4 years ago and made a good recovery, but it took a long time. While he was on recovery meds/in rehab. there was a long list of things he couldn't have. Don't remember them all, but I do know that grapefruit and spinach :huh: were in there, and alcohol.

I would guess that the hospital considers the stroke to be the primary problem, and staying on that medication is more important than meds. for alcohol withdrawal. These first few weeks after the stroke are very important--most of the recovery that's going to be made will be made now.

Good luck to all of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom