Prayers for my friends in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I echo the sentiment. I lived in Las Vegas for seven years back in the late 80s to mid 90s. I still have friends who live there. The ones I've heard from so far are all okay, thank goodness.

Sometimes I just don't know what this world is coming to. :(

With all the recent natural disasters, we really need this?:mad: Condolences and best wishes to the families of those killed, the survivors and their families.

I finally got in touch with friends who recently moved to Vegas, and they are OK. However, they told me of other bad news, that a common friend died of a drug overdose today. :(

My rosary tonight will be for the souls of those we lost, and for the injured.

We're only about 4 hours from Vegas here - my dear friends Shannon and Joe were there at the Route 91 Festival that they've attended yearly for several years now, with their teenage daughters. They were caught smack in the middle of this horrific event, a man was killed right next to them. They're bruised and scraped up from being trampled, jumping fences, and diving for cover under the stage, but at least they're alive, unlike so many others. :( Prayers for all involved in this tragedy caused by one madman.

Like Steve said...ya gotta wonder what's happening in this world. I'm usually not a doomsday player, but these days I even find myself worrying about my daughter and grandkids going to Disneyland.

Thank goodness for all of you who have friends and family in this area that they are OK. Bucky, sorry to hear about the friend who OD'd, though. The world is going crazy at all angles: drugs, the two women shot in the Marseille train station earlier in the week, just a few weeks after a family of four was shot and killed outside of Paris. Now this in Las Vegas. Ever since we first saw the Vegas story during the wee hours of the morning today, an old Aerosmith song has been running through my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2pFTICzXo

Back
Top Bottom