Prayers for our neighbors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
I feel really weird posting this, as it concerns the neighbor that absolutely despises us and hasn't had a kind word to say to us in 5 years. They don't like us because we have a garden instead of lawn, and we refuse to be racist like them.
But, the Bible says what the Bible says, so we are asking for prayers for him as we just witnessed him being hauled away in an ambulance. I am gonna guess given how he looked as they took him out and his age probable heart attack. He was looking around and appeared to be talking to the EMP's so maybe just a mild one we can hope.
Thanks!

You just keep doing things the way you're doing them. It's said that we must be good examples if we expect others to change. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. There's nothing "weird" about praying for those who despise you. I know a Jewish carpenter who did it all the time, and I think he set a pretty good example of how to deal with people.

Not doing as good a job with the kids as I had thought, had to explain to them why we should pray for him, or why you would pray for anyone that did you wrong.

Not doing as good a job with the kids as I had thought, had to explain to them why we should pray for him, or why you would pray for anyone that did you wrong.

so, use this as the perfect time to teach a lesson. You'll do great!;):):cool:

You're a good person, Buddy. I don't know that I would have the same caring nature towards someone that has been hateful to me. I will pray for him though. I will also pray that he learns that you care enough about him as a human that he will see the light and know you for who you are.

Mav, we all have to pray a little harder for people like that. You're on the right track.

:) Maybe you should send him and his family a Christmas/ Get Well card and maybe a small plate of treats then they may realize you are a good person. If not well then you did your best to be kind if they can't appreciate that then they are stuck in their own hate and should just be left to their own demons. I have many friends that don't believe in the same things but we are still friends as we respect each others beliefs. Of course I have some friends actually they are not friends anymore not because of me but because I wont hate what they hate or people they hate for no reason. I stick to my beliefs not matter what and will never jump on the band wagon and go with the hate that some people love to do. Sure there are a few people I'm done with but not because some other person told me to do so but what they did to me and it's not even hate but not giving them the chance to do it again.:)

I am in a very similar situation with a co worker, everyone expected me to be indifferent to her being terminally ill. How could I? She is a human being and my sister in christ. I'll say an extra prayer for your neighbor tonight too.

Buddy, you done good and I will pray for your neighbors and for you as you teach your children about loving thy neighbour. I have to admit that I didn't to well with this the last two days regarding a woman butting in at our outreach dinner and so if you need to rehearse what you will say to them, practice on me - I could use a few lessons from you! I will also pray that this be a light into the heart of your neighbour and his family.

Mav-we all encounter people like this in our lives. You serve as a shining example as to how we should treat them. Good for you, and your kids are lucky to have you as a role model.

Prayers en route.

I am praying for him as well. Who knows, maybe this situation will help soften him a little and help him view the world with new eyes. Of course, it may not do a thing for his attitude, but you are right to pray for him, and I will gladly add mine to yours.

:)Barbara

I think he is back home today, so I am going to guess he is going to be fine in the short term at least. His daughter came by last night to lock up the house but I missed talking to her to ask how he was doing.
His car is out front today but I did not actually see him, so I couldn't say for sure how he is, just that he is home now.
Thanks everyone for your prayers!

Mav, I'm glad to hear your neighbor is home and I hope it means he's on the mend. You know, caring for this difficult person is not only a priceless gift for him - it's one of the biggest gifts you can give yourself and your family.

It's easy to love the loveable. The real gift is in loving the unloveable. It makes me smile to think that your children are learning this at your knee and one day, they will be shaping the world we all live in. Bravo to you and DW!

Back
Top Bottom