Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I'm sorry to bother everyone again.
My BIL was diagnosed with lung cancer caused by Asbestos.:( He has NEVER smoked, isn't that sad?
Sadly, he is the step dad of my niece that was just diagnosed with Cervical and went through the treatments. My sister is at the end of her rope!! She said that she doesn't know how much more she can take. I dont' know what to do for her. She has always tried to be the rock since my mom died and now, she is still trying and she doesn't let us get close to her. I guess she feels that if she shows her emotions, she's not strong. It is in the 1st stages at least. It just that, he's over 60 and not the best of health. Has had heart attacks and other things go on with him. This can't happen dang it!! He's the jerk BIL that let me go!!!! He's too mean for this to happen!! Even after what he did, he is still a good guy and he would do anything for anyone in the family, he really would. They have been going through a bad audit with the IRS and are losing things that they are selling off. I'm afraid for my sister's sanity right now. Pray for them both please.

You can count on my prayers Stacy. They have certainly gone through more than most could handle. Please keep us updated, and hopefully there will good news soon.

:flowers:Barbara

I just don't understand. I guess there really isn't anything TO understand. I just wanted this year to be better. I should have known better. I appreciate you guys!

Stacy, I wish I knew what to say to make things better but sometime words just aren't enough. But I hope my thoughts and prayers for your family will give some comfort.

ok, but this is the last one, tg.

i started with "and god, please look out for tg's...",

and i heard a deep sigh, and what sounded like an irritated adjustment of seating position.

Sometimes all you can say is God bless you and them, and I truly pray for the best.

Stacy, you and your family have been having a rough go of it ever since I joined DC and it doesn't seem to let up. I do hope that this is the last of your bad news and that your BIL is able to undergo succesful treatment, as well as your niece, and that things in general pick up for all of you soon. Thinking of you.

Thank you..again!!

ok, but this is the last one, tg.

i started with "and god, please look out for tg's...",

and i heard a deep sigh, and what sounded like an irritated adjustment of seating position.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.;)

There is no solace for many of life's challenges. We just have to keep going, and pushing against the flood waters, and know that Heavenly Father has promised never to give us more than we can bear. We also have to realize that in our path through life, hurdles stand between us and our everlasting goals. But everytime we overcome one of our challenges, we are made stronger. We are refined by the fire from pig-iron into steel.

Life is not supposed to be easy, and sometimes it just seems too hard. Keep prayer at the forefront of your life, for you, your family, and both your sister and BIL. And know that mortality is merely a proving ground, a place for us to show what we are made of before we look at eternity.

My prayers are with you. More importantly, the Lord watches over you, and your family.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It's called, Mesothelioma. It's a rare kind from what my sister said. The Dr. said that lifespan after diagnosis is 3-5 years. Well, I can gaurantee that my BIL will make the most out of every minute!!!

It's called, Mesothelioma. It's a rare kind from what my sister said. The Dr. said that lifespan after diagnosis is 3-5 years. Well, I can gaurantee that my BIL will make the most out of every minute!!![/QUOTE]

glad to hear that texas. Sounds like it isn't going to knock the joy out of his life, no matter what happens. WE should all feel that way. If only we had the courage. Thinking of you and your family.

Stacy,
You have my good thoughts and prayers ..HE has been asked to keep his hand on you shoulder..May you have strength, peace and know how much you are loved.
cj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom