Prayers needed again, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh dear me TG, what a nervegrinding time you must be going through, at this time of the year of all times!! My heart goes out for you and your hubby. Let's hope the result will be a positive one, as there are some other suggestions here to back it up, it is possible!! Keep your chin up, all the best for you and your family!!:heart: :heart: :heart:

My best thoughts for you and DH, and hopes that it is not as bad as you fear. I know what it's like to have to wait to know.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this time TG. Lots of warm tight (((((hugs))))) to you all.

Lyn

Prayers are on the way texasgirl - you and DH are in my thoughts.

hiatal hernia
So do i and sometimes water feels like it gets stuck.
Ask your pharmacist about a product called Thicket.
Also if you try Ensure get the Ensure + it has more calories.

Hugs...Marge

Texas,
you know that hugs, thoughts, prayers are yours and your dear ones...I'm here as are all the others and here we stay. Sick, well, happy, unhappy, through laughter and tears..That's what a family does..We gather round and hold you close. Hang tough my friend.

kadesma

You can count on our prayers also Texasgirl. I hope you find out what it is soon and that it is good news.

Barbara

1 prayer said.

i know exactly how you're feeling, as my wife is battling cancer. actually, it's her second time around. even if it does turn out to be cancer in your husband's case, it's not necessarily as bad as it may initially seem.

in my wife's case, she first had cancer about 10 years or so ago. it had already spread to the lymph system. they cut out what they could, and then she was on chemo and drugs. after a couple of years or so, she was down to a check-up and a shot twice a year.

then she was declared cancer-free and only went in twice a year for a blood check-up. it turns out that blood test give fairly reliable results. after 4 or 5 years, it turns out that it had come back and spread extensively with the blood test not having detected anything.

well, the doctors hemmed and hawed over how much time she might have, but they seemed to be suggesting perhaps a matter of a few months or 1/2 year or so. (that really s^cks. though doctors are technically very competent here, they aren't required to tell you anything if they feel it's in your [or their] best interest).
my wife was in a really bad way for quite a while, with radiation and chemo. however, drugs are so much more advanced today than they were 20 or even 10 years ago. while my wife's cancer had spread so far that at the moment there's no real chance of her being able to beat it in the long term, it's been about 3 years now since the second time around, she's recovered a lot of her health and is plugging along in good spirits. at the moment, it looks like she's got another few years to go, and new treatments are coming out every single day. these days, unless you're already at the point of dying, you don't even need a miracle; only that someone's research show results. we're expecting the best.

you should too.

TG, you have my prayers too. Be strong and do not give up hope. All the very best to you and your beloved!

Thank you! You all are such a wonderful support group!

Philso, I wish you and your wife all the best!! God Bless!!

Praying for you and your DH - Please keep us updated. To make up for the low calorie intake and to relieve his hunger you may want to try making him milkshakes as you can also adjust the consistancy to his ability to swallow - Please keep us updated -

philso said:
1 prayer said.

i know exactly how you're feeling, as my wife is battling cancer. actually, it's her second time around. even if it does turn out to be cancer in your husband's case, it's not necessarily as bad as it may initially seem.

in my wife's case, she first had cancer about 10 years or so ago. it had already spread to the lymph system. they cut out what they could, and then she was on chemo and drugs. after a couple of years or so, she was down to a check-up and a shot twice a year.

then she was declared cancer-free and only went in twice a year for a blood check-up. it turns out that blood test give fairly reliable results. after 4 or 5 years, it turns out that it had come back and spread extensively with the blood test not having detected anything.

well, the doctors hemmed and hawed over how much time she might have, but they seemed to be suggesting perhaps a matter of a few months or 1/2 year or so. (that really s^cks. though doctors are technically very competent here, they aren't required to tell you anything if they feel it's in your [or their] best interest).
my wife was in a really bad way for quite a while, with radiation and chemo. however, drugs are so much more advanced today than they were 20 or even 10 years ago. while my wife's cancer had spread so far that at the moment there's no real chance of her being able to beat it in the long term, it's been about 3 years now since the second time around, she's recovered a lot of her health and is plugging along in good spirits. at the moment, it looks like she's got another few years to go, and new treatments are coming out every single day. these days, unless you're already at the point of dying, you don't even need a miracle; only that someone's research show results. we're expecting the best.

you should too.
Philso - I am praying for you and your wife. My mother is also battling cancer for the second time. Your message reminds me to never give up hope - Thinking of you and your wife - Irene

Philso, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife too. Treatments are advancing so quickly and there are new discoveries all the time.

I go back to my oncologist next week - almost a year since the last surgery. Hoping for another clean bill of health! :)

Hello Texas Girl,

My prayers go out to your entire family. If your husband is able to swallow the Ensure you may want to consider adding french vanilla ice cream to the Ensure to increase the caloric value. You can make it into a shake. Also, some people find the taste of Ensure too sweet and tolerate it better if it is served over ice. Sometimes when people have difficulty swallowing doctors will start an IV called hyperalimentation. This IV is very rich in calories and has all the nutrients that a person needs. That may be a short term solution to help keep his weight up until they know what is going on. Best of Luck.

Back
Top Bottom