Prayers needed again, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, reading through some things on this site, there is a lot of real life here. Several people battling illness, dangers to our children, loss of loved ones and also joys, of families together, traditions, love and support and of course, good food.
I pray that everyone involved with this site will be especially blessed through the holidays and the coming year. God bless us all.

Thanks

Amazing324 said:
You know, reading through some things on this site, there is a lot of real life here. Several people battling illness, dangers to our children, loss of loved ones and also joys, of families together, traditions, love and support and of course, good food.
I pray that everyone involved with this site will be especially blessed through the holidays and the coming year. God bless us all.

The same to you. We all need one another especially a this time of year.

Amazing324 said:

Thank you!
There ARE a lot of special people here!! That's why I'm still here. Because of your words so far, you will fit in very nicely!!:)

Texas, I'm saying a special prayer for you and your family. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sorry Tex but I haven't been on much and still trying to catch up on the older post. My prayers are with you all.......stay strong!

I have been wondering about you too, TG... hope everything is well and hubby is feeling better!! (((hugs)))

Sorry guys. When I'm on here, I just kinda go through quickly, so I don't miss things.
Here is where we stand right now. Yesterday, had a C/T scan with and without contrast. He definately didn't like that one. Today, we go to see the Gastroendorologist {sp} he didn't even look at the C/T scan that the other doctor said we just HAD to get. $500 more that we don't have. Now, he will go Thursday to get EGD. To me, that is what he needed in the first place. They will use a balloon to expand his esophagus, so that he can at least eat, until we know any results from biopsies, or whatever is going on. He has suffered for a week, when, if he had been sent to this doctor in the first place, instead of all these other tests, he would be eating by now and we would know what is wrong. I am really starting to see why people hate doctors.

believe me, it's best to understand that in the medical industry today you're dealing with little more than high-tech used-car salesmen. do what homework you can on the internet and be hard-nosed. same with insurance.

philso said:
believe me, it's best to understand that in the medical industry today you're dealing with little more than high-tech used-car salesmen. do what homework you can on the internet and be hard-nosed. same with insurance.

I'm figuring this out. Unfortunately, we don't have insurance, all of these tests are out of pocket. And we are now at the end of the line. But, I would rather be broke and know what is going on, than have money and my husband not be here.

(((TG))))... I may be wrong but the USA is the only place I have known where you have to BUY your own health insurance to fend for yourself, and if you are without and do become ill, it is like "well, too bad..". To me it is one of the most basic human rights that everyone and anyone should be seen to a medical professional and be treated accordingly, regardless of the financial condition of the patient. Any other places I have known, citizens are provided for their (at least) basic medical care by the government.

Well, there is no use griping here, but it is a good news that he found a better, more capable doc who knows what he is about. I really hope they will put him on the right track, and he will feel better soon... my thoughts will be with you guys!!

texasgirl said:
I'm figuring this out. Unfortunately, we don't have insurance, all of these tests are out of pocket. And we are now at the end of the line. But, I would rather be broke and know what is going on, than have money and my husband not be here.

Like Urmaniac said below, it's just ridiculous about the insurance situation here in the U.S. and having to pay out of pocket. Have you applied for state health insurance? Not sure if I asked you this before.

tg - thanks for the update. Hugs to you in a big way!!!!! With or without insurance you get the medical attention he needs and you be firm and strong about it. NEVER take no for an answer.

Prayers for both of you!

{{{{HUGS}}}} & prayers for you, hubby, & the rest of the family!! I know how it feels to be without insurance, a lot of doctors treat you like you're not woth their time, but as others have said, stay strong & be firm with them.

Please keep us posted Tex..........we're very worried and concerned. Try to stay strong through all of this.

Also.....check with the hospital social services and see if they can assist you with any resources out there that may help with your expenses.....its part of their job to know these things. Thank god we have insurance. For those that live in and around our area there is a free clinic that is ran with volunteer doctors, nurses, etc.... Its for those persons without insurance and payment is based on your income. They provide labs, xrays, etc.... Its a wonderful set up. My dear friend who is a single mom just went for help and they did a complete workup on her and provided free meds....and didn't cost her a dime (she's a waitress without insurance). The areas are truely blessed to have this.

Hugs and prayers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom