"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Master Chef
Unhappy Prayers needed again, please.

DH is being tested for cancer. I wasn't going to tell anyone until we get the results, but, I need to let it out. I'm so scared!
He's been having trouble eating for about 2 months. He chokes on food.
Saturday, he choked, but, this time, couldn't get it down. We spent Sunday night in the ER, after him feeling like something was stuck in his throat still and had trouble breathing, they didn't do a thing. They said that since he was breathing, they couldn't help, but, if he started choking and turned purple bring him back
Took him to ear nose and throat Monday. She could only put the scope as far as his windpipe. Nothing that far, but, tissue is changing, whatever that means. Went for Barium swallow, which showed blockage, and full chest xray yesterday {because of the chest pain he has had for so long}, will get results at appoinment next Monday. Is being scheduled for a esophagoscopy {sp} for next week. In the mean time, he is unable to eat anything other than tomato soup and pudding without choking. He still has lots of trouble with that and water, but, can get it down after swallowing a few times.
Pray for him, please.
I'm lost right now. I've feared this for a little while and so has he. He knows that something is wrong. He's tired all the time and can't go as long as he normally does with work. The constant clearing of his throat has gotten so much worse too. Me and ds are so guilt ridden when we eat, knowing how hungry he is. He's lost 7 lbs since Saturday. His metabolism is high anyway and he normally eats 4+ times a day.

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
Executive Chef
Our thoughts are with you and your husband, tg!

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Oh texasgirl, that is so scary. You are in my prayers for sure. I hope they can get this fixed soon. Meanwhile, go buy some Ensure for him to drink, you don't want to let him waste away while he is waiting for all these tests. Hugs!!
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf

I will be praying for your husband, and you, and your son. See if he can drink some of those shakes like Ensure (there are other brands but I can't think of them right now). They are full of things that will help fill him up.

We are all here for you - you can talk to us anytime. Please tell your husband that we are ALL praying for him, ok?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
Master Chef
Thanks you guys. I didn't think about ensure.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
lets hope it isn`t what you think and something like an ulcerated Esophagus from acid reflux or whatever, perfectly treatable :)

Fingers Crossed for you both!
So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #7
Executive Chef
Oh TG! This is so frightening. I'm sure we are all praying that this is just something simple that can be cured quickly.

Hit the shelves and find the drink (like Ensure) that has the most vitamins and calories. I know he wants food but there are so many flavors out there nowadays that at least he has variety.

We'll be here for you and our prayers will help hopefully.
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Executive Chef
Sending prayers for you and yours.
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #9
Executive Chef
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband TG. How hard it must be to wait until next monday for results. Lets hope it's like YT said, acid reflux.
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Tg,, I'm so sorry to hear this! will be praying for you both, and sending love and light that it something much less serious than what you fear.....

Here's a hug.

Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote