Prayers please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pa,
just got home and saw your post..You have prayers and good thoughts for your DH and you and Sofie..God is good and I echo Lefse beautiful prayer...Hold on, hold on all will be well.
hugs to you and Sofie.

cj

Dear PA, May God be with you and DH and hold you both during this time of uncertainty. Praying in belief, I know he will be back home safe and well soon.

Guidance

PA, I don't want to scare you any more than you are, but if you still haven't heard from your husband call the hospital. I'm praying for him right now.

Barbara

Good thing your computer is working and that you asked for help. I am so very very grateful that Barbara L told you to call the hospital. It really must have helped to put your mind at ease. (It is the 'little' things that really count). Just hearing someone give you information I am sure relieved you somewhat.

I will surely include you and your family in my prayers. Please keep in touch and let us know. Seems so long to hear results when person is worried. I too try to restrain myself thinking if I can just be positive. Hard to do especially when it is someone so very close to you. We are all here for you. May God give you His grace and strength. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, my gosh, you all are just wonderful! Thank you so much for all of your love and support. You'll never know how much it's meant!

DH is on his way home!:) After several hours of tests and re-tests, they told him he was OK to leave the hospital. They're 90% sure it wasn't a heart attack and were pleased with all of his blood work, x-rays, etc the last time around. They want him to get a stress test ASAP and a thorough follow-up with his doc. It sounds like they were very thorough and did as much as they could w/o admitting him for a couple days.

He said he feels better but not 100%. I hate the thought of him driving home after all of that, but when I suggested he just stay put and get a hotel room for the night he said he just really wanted to get home. I understand, and am glad in a way! He' should be home within the hour. Phew. What a day!:wacko:

Hallelujah PA! I'm so glad he is OK. Go buy some of those 81mg aspirins and make him take one every morning. It won't hurt and it might help. Also, did they ultrasound him at all for gallstones? One of the things a gall bladder attack seems like is a heart attack. When Ken had his first one, we rushed him to the hospital fearing the worst. Thankfully it was only his gall bladder. I am praying you get results and peace soon.

Oh, my gosh, you all are just wonderful! Thank you so much for all of your love and support. You'll never know how much it's meant!

DH is on his way home!:) After several hours of tests and re-tests, they told him he was OK to leave the hospital. They're 90% sure it wasn't a heart attack and were pleased with all of his blood work, x-rays, etc the last time around. They want him to get a stress test ASAP and a thorough follow-up with his doc. It sounds like they were very thorough and did as much as they could w/o admitting him for a couple days.

He said he feels better but not 100%. I hate the thought of him driving home after all of that, but when I suggested he just stay put and get a hotel room for the night he said he just really wanted to get home. I understand, and am glad in a way! He' should be home within the hour. Phew. What a day!:wacko:

:)Thats great news. Be sure to let him know he did the right thing by going to hospital right away. Thats reason so many men die from heart attacks is because they ignore the symptoms until its too late.

Last edited:
Am glad he didn't ignore any of those signs and got himself checked out! A lot of people would say pfft whatever, i'll be right.

Last edited:
Oh man Pa I can't even imagine how you musthave felt. As everyone has mentioned it's great he got to the hospital instead of ignoring the signs. Glad he's okay. Maybe it's stress related and he can get some downtime and relax awhile.

I'm sure you won't rest easy until he is at home. I'm glad he is going to follow up with the stress test and see his own doctor.

:)Barbara

Just checking in PA. How scarey for you both. Make sure you DH follows through with his Doc.

PA Baker, I am so happy to hear that your husband is doing OK. At least he had the sense to check himself into the hospital. Most people ignore the symptoms until it is too late. I will be still be thinking of him and you. Take care and make sure that he gets some good rest.

PA, sorry I missed your post earlier, but it's great to hear your hubby will be alright. What a relief for you having to worry all day about this. Glad to hear he will be back home tonight with you safe and sound. Take care:)

Pa,
so glad to hear DH is doing okay and will be home with his loved ones...Hugs to all of you..Sleep well..
cj

Just logged on and I seem to have come in at the end of the crisis! Am very pleased that it has all worked out for you and esp for your DH. Echo all of the previous posts of support for you.

Hallelujah PA! I'm so glad he is OK. Go buy some of those 81mg aspirins and make him take one every morning. It won't hurt and it might help. Also, did they ultrasound him at all for gallstones? One of the things a gall bladder attack seems like is a heart attack. When Ken had his first one, we rushed him to the hospital fearing the worst. Thankfully it was only his gall bladder. I am praying you get results and peace soon.

I've had 2 episodes myself and the doctors also thought it could be my gallbladder but that turned up okay ended up being my attacks were the result of GERD. I never in my wildest dreams thought GERD would result in symptoms like this but sure enough as soon as I had a few doses of the medication in me I was back to normal. However, I know full well not to be tricked into thinking anytime I ever experience these symptoms again not to just brush them off to GERD but to quickly seek help.

Praying its nothing more than the most minor of aliments PA and that the doctors will have the wisdom to figure it out quickly and get him on the road to full recovery. ((((((HUGS))))))

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom