Prayers please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PA this is just such wonderful news. Also it will make DH more inclined to listen to any advice he's given by his Doctor. There's nothing like a 'wake up' call sent by God.
Soooo glad for you both.

pab, i'm glad to hear that things are ok.

i'm sure the best medicine for him right now is to be under your care, and to get hugs and kisses from your little angel.

Thank you all so much!!! You're truly the best!!!

We slept like rocks last night (except Sofie who has had me up since 4 AM!:rolleyes:).

Sizz, we're thinking GERD, too, at this point since all tests, including liver and gallbladder, so far have come back OK. Hopefully he can get through to the doctor's soon and get a clear-cut answer. We'll all feel better then.

And yes, Csalt, I'm hoping this is a good wake-up call for him, too.:)

I'm sorry PA, I wasn't on yesterday and didn't see this. I am so happy that everything is okay. Just keep following up on it. If it happens again, make him go to the Dr. again. Don't let him say that it's the same thing and not go. One never knows and each time something happens is a new thing going on. My prayers are still with you.

Good!

Our God IS good! Give Him thanks and praise for His grace to you and your family. I HAVE to pray ALWAYS that HIS will be done in my life no matter what life brings. Sure not easy.

Thank you for keeping up informed.

DH's stress test and echo are tomorrow and then he meets with his doc on Thursday. I think he's more nervous about this than he's letting on because he asked me to go with him on Thursday. At least then we'll have answers. he's felt pretty rotten all weekend so I'm glad he was able to get these appts scheduled quickly.

My computer's dead but a new one is on its way:) so I'll keep you all updated as I can.

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts. HUGE HUGS to all of you!

DH's stress test and echo are tomorrow and then he meets with his doc on Thursday. I think he's more nervous about this than he's letting on because he asked me to go with him on Thursday. At least then we'll have answers. he's felt pretty rotten all weekend so I'm glad he was able to get these appts scheduled quickly.

My computer's dead but a new one is on its way:) so I'll keep you all updated as I can.

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts. HUGE HUGS to all of you!

He is scared, and worried about what they will find. My DH was the same way when he began with the swallowing problem. Just being there with him will help with his anxiety.

Oh gosh, PA, I'm so sorry about your hubby's scary pain. It's good that the docs are following up even tho initial results didn't indicate an MI. I know you and he must be very nervous about the tests and what the results will be. We'll all be nervous with you until he gets his clean bill of health, which I'm praying will happen on Thursday.

PA, I have had countless echo-cardiograms and there is nothing to worry about with them - it is just like having an ultrasound except this is of the heart. As to the stress test, there are a couple of diffferent types. One I believe they get you to swallow something - a camera or a tube or something - not sure what as I haven't had that one done but I was led to believe it was like having - oh I've just had a mental blank but the one scan they take of your stomach, like an oral colonoscopy. (Sorry for the ditzy description!!) The stress test I had they can get you to take a drug that puts your heart under stress or if you are up to it, they just get you to use the excercise machine. I had the last of these as I needed the test to get onto the transplant waiting list and they won't let you on if your heart is unlikely to withstand the operation. What they did was wire me up, take an ECG and lots of echo cardiogram shots of your heart at rest. (Apparantly, I have a very photogenic heart!!!!! LOL) Then, they get you to walk on the excercise machine, still wired up, slowly increasing the pace until they have your heart beating at the speed they want, tell you to stop and you have to jump back onto the echo bed into the correct position as quickly as you can to keep the beats at the right speed. They then take lots more echo photos. Think it took about an hour but would be longer if they give him the drug as they will probably get him to wait while it dissipates from his system further.

My heart wasn't under any contention so that was the test they opted for for me. I don't know if there are other forms of testing they could use or if the methodology is different in the US but that was my experience of it and my understanding from other patients. And other than having very wobbly knees and turning into a tomato-head, the worry about it was worse than the test itself. Hope this helps to allay your DH's fears somewhat. Good luck!

PA--I too, just logged on only to find out that you and hubby have been going through so much trouble--I'm so sorry to hear it-----I'm surprised that your thread hasn't shown up on my computer until now as I check it nearly daily......Anyway another stress test is the thallium stress test where they inject you with a dye, then walk you on a treadmill----take you off and take pictures........then you wait awhile and they take more....it's far more reliable than just a regular stress test and recommended for all women..........please keep us posted

Back
Top Bottom