"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I am praying for you. I pray that whatever the results of the tests, you find relief from this pain.

Barbara

Old 03-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Best wishes and my prayers are on their way to you.

Sometimes we all lose sight of how good we have it when we have our health.

God bless-I hope you get some relief soon.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Sending you good vibes. Feel better soon
Old 03-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
Certified Cake Maniac

Thank you everyone. We just got back from the hospital and the good news is I do not have a blood clot in my leg. The bad news is that they just say it is part of my arthritis and since none of the normal treatments for that don't work, there isn't anything they can do. They gave me some pain medicine which I insisted doesn't work and sent me home.

So, now I really have to start rethinking my career - even though I have people to help me occasionally, because my catering business is part time I can't afford to pay anyone full time to help me if I am not in good health.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts. If I can just get some decent sleep, I know I will be able to see the brighter side of all this. Too bad I can't stand too long - the one thing that stops me from having a pity party is to bake up a storm!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Laurie,
you have my prayers and all good thoughts..I have a mild form of arthritis so can imagine the intense pain you feel..Try, to get some rest..Nothing, but nothing is as important as YOU...While you're resting imagine the brides cake you are working on, then when you feel up to it finish it and make it a master piece.. Plan a baking frenzy with someone to clean it up for you..Just plan it..If you love doing it, it will make you smile and a smile, will help ease the pain..Wish I could take some of it for you..
kadesma
Old 03-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #16
Sous Chef

LP, I'm sorry for your pain. Find a good comedy and laugh a lot. Take Kadesma's words and rest, plan and see it happen. My prayers are with you. Dawn :)
Old 03-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thank you everyone. We just got back from the hospital and the good news is I do not have a blood clot in my leg. The bad news is that they just say it is part of my arthritis and since none of the normal treatments for that don't work, there isn't anything they can do. They gave me some pain medicine which I insisted doesn't work and sent me home.

So, now I really have to start rethinking my career - even though I have people to help me occasionally, because my catering business is part time I can't afford to pay anyone full time to help me if I am not in good health.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts. If I can just get some decent sleep, I know I will be able to see the brighter side of all this. Too bad I can't stand too long - the one thing that stops me from having a pity party is to bake up a storm!
So sorry you are suffering. Just remember, you've got all of us here at DC who care about you.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:28 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Just catching up with this. Sorry to hear of your suffering. I wish that I can offer you some advice to ease you and let you sleep. I hope you have some relief soon.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #19
Head Chef

Hopefully if one door closes, another will open. Give it time and hopefully you'll be in a better place eventually.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #20
Certified Cake Maniac

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me and encouraging me. Specially BuckyT's nudges to eat properly!

My leg was getting better; however, just in the past couple of days the swelling has once again increased and I am forced to rest again. On top of that, my shoulders, upper arms and other leg are taking a beating making up for the weak leg and I am experience pain in these areas as well. This is making sleep increasingly more difficult and I am tired of being a guinea pig going from treatment to treatment and medication to medication. Fatigue has set in and they are not sure if this is a result of the lack of sleep or a new symptom. I see a surgeon in a few weeks to see if there is anyway to remove the pressure on the knee in the short term or if I need to be on a list for a replacement in the long term.

I have fun here on DC discussing my passion for food; however, I am even finding that sitting at the computer is getting difficult and my times in the kitchen are getting less and less.

If you could all keep praying and thinking positive thoughts I would appreciate it very much. Besides my family and friends you are an important lifeline for me.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote