"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

New, Old you are our family now so is your friend...May what ever she needs be sent with love and warmth and good thoughts...keep us posted
kadesma

Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Thoughts and prayers en route Lefty-

Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #13
Senior Cook

When my baby brother went missing, I had all of the prayers and wishes of my DC family keeping my hopes high and I am very new...I'll pass on that gift to you tonight. I am sending all my prayers and good vibes your way! God bless,

Eva
Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Thanks everyone, I will keep you posted.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Bump for a quick update, she is up and walking and requesting to go home for the holidays. That is a wonderful step ASAIC. Thank you all for the good wishes and prayers. It makes a difference. Thanks to you all...
Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
Master Chef

Aww, that is great!! She's a fighter and that is the best medicine. Never give up!! Give her a big hug!!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Aww, that is great!! She's a fighter and that is the best medicine. Never give up!! Give her a big hug!!
Thank you TG, I plan on seeing her in the morning. I hope all stays good.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #18
Master Chef

Life is such a challenge. We come to this life completely helpless, relying on those who brought us into the world. We are at that time, little lives with intelligence, and no experience. We don't know how to use our bodies, or our minds, and yet, we perservere. We struggle to learn what we can, to harness a rollercoaster of emotions, to learn to trust and be trustworthy. We develop relationships and gather memories. We have an indomitable will to grow, physically and spiritually. And then, just when we start getting a handle on things, something comes up to make it all a challenge once more.

It is my belief that this life of mortality is given to us so that we may learn about joy and hardship, experience wonders and tragedies. All that we experience in this life helps prepare us for eternity, where we will gain even more knowledge, but in a better place, one where the struggles of mortality are lifted from us, where we can refine ourselves still more.

Your freind is on a hard road, one that requires faith from not only herself, but from those around her. It is my prayer for her that she will recieve that which she needs, for now, and for what comes after we pass from this sphere of mortality. And it is my prayer that if she is to recover, that she will do so quickly and completely, and if not, that she, and all around her will be given strength and understanding.

I know that I can not change by one iota what will come to pass. But I can pray that she will gain the best from whatever experiences lay before her. I pray for her comfort and if possible, her recovery. And I pray for her loved ones, that they may have the strength to support her, whatever happens.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Glad to hear that your friend is up and about Rick. Hope she continues to prosper. Best wishes to you both.