"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Master Chef

I almost forgot to metion the things a drank while pregnant.
With my daughter it was fresh farm milk with strawberry nesquick (2 lt's a day) and with my son it was Woolworths organic beetroot juice. As much as I could get my hands on, it's not cheap! Surprised he didn't come out purple lol!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

When pregnant with my son it was kim chee I craved, but couldn't find, and with my daughter it was jelly beans, bags and bags of them.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Skipping ahead after the pregnancy and Jr was learning to eat solid foods. We were totally vegetarian/ organic at the time. Squash, cooked carrots and sweet potatoes all pureed easily, and he liked them all. Bananas.

I wiped his face after lunch one day, and he had a very yellow nose. I thought it was just smeared food. It wouldn't wipe off. Too much carotene in his system. I guess we tried something else to balance his diet.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegal View Post
I drank no joke a gallon of milk a day when pregnant. I even wanted it before the pregnancy test came up positive! And I never drink milk usually. I remember coming out of the kitchen with a giant glass of milk with Ice and my husband thought it was so weird he asked me to take a pregnancy test - he was right. Haha
I drank a lot of milk too! In fact, I started getting leg cramps (mainly when I would stretch in the morning), and the doctor told me I was drinking too much milk. So I stopped stretching as much until I had Nancy.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
Sous Chef

I didn't eat anything without getting sick for the first 3 months, I lost 22 lbs! When I was able to eat I craved apples first, then movie theater nachos with cheese. I went to the mall and got me two gallons of chick fil A lemonade and lugged them down the whole mall to get back to my car. Every morning for breakfast I would go to the nursing home where I work, get 2 cartons of milk from the kitchen and make myself a small microwave cheese pizza. I must have needed it, I was really tiny. Smaller then I am now.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #16
Executive Chef

OJ gave me heartburn when I was expecting my second son. I didn't drink it because of that. After he was born I was so excited to drink it again, but had to stop because I was nursing him, and he got sick every time I drank OJ. When he stopped nursing, I was a little sad because he was growing up, until my husband reminded me that I could drink OJ again. Funny thing is, he loves OJ now!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
OJ gave me heartburn when I was expecting my second son. I didn't drink it because of that. After he was born I was so excited to drink it again, but had to stop because I was nursing him, and he got sick every time I drank OJ. When he stopped nursing, I was a little sad because he was growing up, until my husband reminded me that I could drink OJ again. Funny thing is, he loves OJ now!
My daughter has acid reflux (since her late teens) and her youngest was diagnosed with it shortly after birth. She had to be really careful what she ate and drank when she nursed him as well.