Price of Stamps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems that wherever you turn prices are rising. It's the same in the UK.
Salaries and pensions do not rise to keep pace though.
Thank goodness there's DC to come to and let off steam!

I heard the rumor that prices were going up. Just more reason to email and bank on line!!

I agree. It's just about the best deal for your money anywhere. We're talking 41 cents here.

Well think of it this way, the more people bank on line and transact online, the higher the price of stamps will go to keep folks employed to carry the mail. It is not that bad to me either... but don't blink, before you know it, you will be buying $2 stamps!!!! LOL

jennyema said:
But,IMO, it's quite amazing that you pay so little to have something carried cross-country and hand delivered for you.

You are so right!! After Paul did 21 years in the Navy he did 21 years with the Post Office.

I would like to travel across the U.S. for 41 cents...:)

Since moving away from home I have sent my family cards and letters often, even though my parents have now learned to email.....nothing makes them happier than a letter. I think its a great deal. What else can you get for the price of a stamp?

Prices are rising though. Most of our friends (mainly Oxford grads) can't imagine how they will ever get on the property ladder in UK and we certainl won't have the retirement my parents will have. But then, I think in the main my generation is taking longer to get to work (gap years etc).

Back
Top Bottom