"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Printing out food labels?

I want to go to the website I have in mind and download a label and then mod "edit it" to my liking for my product I made, Now here's my question.

If I print out the label on a label maker pr with my printer how do I size it up to fit the bottle correctly.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

You have to size the label on screen before you print. There should be a scale across the top and down the side of the page for sizing purposes.

Further, you have to change type sizes and line spacing to accommodate the size of the bottle.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Andy, How hard would that be to a semi newbie to label making?

It would be only one label since I don't plan on selling my product!

Here's the label I want to redo, I got it mostly done in photoshop.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Sous Chef

I need to add a flame to the lable before I finalize the label.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm not a Photoshop expert but you should be able to resize the label to fit certain dimensions. Are you going to print it on adhesive paper or tape it onto the jar?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm not a Photoshop expert but you should be able to resize the label to fit certain dimensions. Are you going to print it on adhesive paper or tape it onto the jar?
I'm going to put it on adhesive paper, actually.

And cover up the main dp logo.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Just a suggestion.....It would be very easy to create your label in Word and then just print it on the adhesive paper. I see on the internet where you can get the logo and copy it into your document in any size that you want. You just insert it just like any other picture, and then you can easily pick/choose your font size, color, and spacing. I'm sure there a lot of flames to choose from on clipart too.

I'm assuming the sauce has DP in it. I love bbq sauce with DP. My husband was really good friends with the past owner of Country Tavern (a very popular bbq place in Kilgore, Texas), and she told him that they bought their sauce direct from the regular food supplier and then cut it with DP. We do that a lot now .

I love your idea for a little customized gift. Lucky recipient!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooksie View Post
Just a suggestion.....It would be very easy to create your label in Word and then just print it on the adhesive paper. I see on the internet where you can get the logo and copy it into your document in any size that you want. You just insert it just like any other picture, and then you can easily pick/choose your font size, color, and spacing. I'm sure there a lot of flames to choose from on clipart too.

I'm assuming the sauce has DP in it. I love bbq sauce with DP. My husband was really good friends with the past owner of Country Tavern (a very popular bbq place in Kilgore, Texas), and she told him that they bought their sauce direct from the regular food supplier and then cut it with DP. We do that a lot now .

I love your idea for a little customized gift. Lucky recipient!
Thanks Cooksie, This batch is a little too hot to give away. I would be black listed in our family if I served this spicy bbq sauce. My family is a bunch of light weight when it comes to spice. It has about 15 habanero's in the recipe cooked down and simmered for about 4 hours. But the next batch for the light weight users in my family will have a mild heat version I'm currently working.

But you do have the right idea, And I will see what I can do.

Could some one falme the text for me? I don't have eyecandy or show me how too?