Procrastinating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
Procrastinating - we are guilty of having done this at one time or another.

Do you find yourself putting off doing something then at the last minute having to scramble to get it done?

Is there something that is always or regularly on your procrastination list?

The silverware sitting in the sink. I am going to clean them. Right after I make a fresh pot of coffee. Oh wait. That was yesterday's excuse. Maybe I should just stick to the established schedule I have used over the years. Wait until I have no more clean ones in the drawer. So I either wash them or eat with my fingers. :angel:

I need to go through this box of books...decide if I am going to read them or not. Shrek has already read them.

I always put off things to the last minute. I find I handle a project better/more efficiently if there's a little pressure.

During my working years I learned to push through it.

Make a list each morning and rank the tasks, the most dreaded first!

Get it done and out of the way instead of fussing about it for hours or even days!

You will feel liberated and in control, for a minute or two! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

i have always been a procratenator, and now with internet, I have a valid exuse, i am always on line, and alwasy am running late. I am especially bad at work.

More often than not, my problem is the opposite of procrastination. I have a tendency to buzz through the "to do" list so quickly that I sometimes miss things.

There are some things that I will put off, though. Mowing the yard is a good example. I've always hated it. Fortunately, our daughter is home from college for the summer and looking to earn a little extra cash. I'm all too glad let her do it.

For me it is mopping the floors.

With the dogs and the DH - none of whom understand the wet floor sign - I have to do it before going to bed. By then I say I'm too tired, will try again tomorrow.

Sometimes tomorrow takes a very long time to arrive.

img_1271137_0_1b8b1490467d246d777b2ca9f6dceae5.jpg

When I burned the midnight oil in college writing my papers the night before, I swore off procrastinating. Fortunately, my pledge pretty well stuck. Also it didn't hurt that I raised 8 children and had a full-time job at the same time. I can't tell you how many times I wished Congress could have passed a 36-hour day then.

I can't bear letting things "go." That's not to say I'm totally successful in my attempt to keep ahead of stuff.

However, I seem to have been pretty adept at not being "covered up," as they say around here. I think some of my achievement has to do with retiring and having more time to devote to tasks that need to get done. I've also adopted a different point of view of what "has" to be done and I'm reminded of something Erma Bombeck said many moons ago, "Dust keeps. You can write your initials in it, just don't date them."

My make-up is such that having a backlog of things to do has always caused me to be a bit anxious so, by nature, I try not to let things get ahead of me, but I said that already in fewer words.

For me it is mopping the floors.

With the dogs and the DH - none of whom understand the wet floor sign - I have to do it before going to bed. By then I say I'm too tired, will try again tomorrow.

Sometimes tomorrow takes a very long time to arrive.

img_1271200_0_1b8b1490467d246d777b2ca9f6dceae5.jpg

lol that reminds me of dyslectics, untie!

I do not procrastinate at work, now if Shrek paid me the same as they do at work...I might not procrastinate at home. I got three books into an empty box...in two days. :)

i can procrastinate at work, and maybe a commercial gets lost.

you have no choice to procrastinate at your job, pf.

there'sa little cartoon over the clock in our morning news dept. that depicts a surgeon wiping his stressed brow during an operation, and his fellow surgeon telling him, " relax, man, it's not television... "

...Do you find yourself putting off doing something then at the last minute having to scramble to get it done?...

I am a PRO at procrastinating! I am the Diva of Delay, the Princess of Putting Off, the Lady of....you get the idea. :LOL: I especially dislike housework. What's the point, it only gets dusty again anyway! I must profess that there are certain things that do not get skipped. The bathroom is clean just because. The kitchen is spotless...well, at least the food prep area is. But the rest of the house? Mañana! If you ever saw the play "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" I am definitely like Charlie Brown. :ROFLMAO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEmxby8g8A
And to prove my point, I think I'd better start cleaning the guest bedroom. My friend is due to cross into MA Monday or Tuesday if he makes his average hiking miles. Then again he has been camping. I wonder if he'd like to pitch his tent in our backyard...

Last edited by a moderator:
...there'sa little cartoon over the clock in our morning news dept. that depicts a surgeon wiping his stressed brow during an operation, and his fellow surgeon telling him, " relax, man, it's not television... "

LIVE TV, no less! I've been a stage manager for little theatre shows and you can't miss a beat when people are watching. Can't crack up either when the "star" is wandering around behind the curtain still sporting just underwear - including sock garters! :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Hope THAT doesn't happen on your set! :ohmy:

i can procrastinate at work, and maybe a commercial gets lost.

you have no choice to procrastinate at your job, pf.

there'sa little cartoon over the clock in our morning news dept. that depicts a surgeon wiping his stressed brow during an operation, and his fellow surgeon telling him, " relax, man, it's not television... "

ROFL!!!! Yeah, I might have some 'splainin to do if I let things go at work. Actually, I find work much more fulfilling than anything (cleaning) I do at home...

i'm exceedingly envious.

i've sold my soul to the man for the worst kind of sin: conspicuos consumption. against the whole no coveting thing from exoxus. and charleton heston.

but people who's career helps other people is a vocation, not a job. charleton would agree. :)

Back
Top Bottom