Product Survey for a knife attachment. (Help me graduate!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agenovese

Assistant Cook
Hello,
My name is Tony Genovese. I am a senior at Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin. A requirement for my minor is the creation of a business plan for a 'product.' The business plan must contain a survey of my target market. By taking the following survey, you will be helping me graduate in December! It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire. I greatly appreacate your time and honesty.

You have been selected to participate in a survey for a new product, the Shaka (patent pending). The Shaka is a small knife attachment that is placed on the spine of the knife to alleviate hand pain from knife work in the kitchen. The Shaka fits on all brands and types of knives. It is food safe, passes all federal health codes, and tested under rigorous conditions
Details, pictures, etc. are in ther survey!
The Shaka Survey

Thank you!

Tony Genovese

None of the images loaded up on the first try (I had to select "view images" with a right click to pull 'em up) so Im guessing if more than one person encounters mention it so they can look into it.

Thank you so much!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who has taken the survey thus far!

I was having a problem creating a stable link to the survey pictures, but it should be resolved now!
Tell me what you think, email me, post a message here, ask for my phone number, anything!
My professor JUST told me today my business plan is due in three weeks, so PLEASE fill out the survey as soon as possible, and tell friends!

The idea of the product is that it creates an extra handle area on top of the knife. With The Shaka, you have the ability to hold the knife in multiple ways. Ideally, the Shaka is placed on a chef or santaku knife.

EVERY response, negative and postive, really helps! The comments I have recevied thus far has let me see MANY things that I have not even thought about after a year of work! Your responses are helping me out more than you can possibly understand!

Also, if you know of any other forums where cooking is king, including professional chef pages, PLEASE tell me or simply link to the survey! I greatly appreciate all of your responses, but many more are needed!

Thank you
Anthony Genovese

*Bump*

Shaka Survey CLICK HERE
The Shaka, Patent Pending 2005

Almost there!

Thank you to everyone who has filled it out. I have almost reached the number of surveys that I need in order to have a 90% confidence level (a statistical formula that tells me when to stop)! I need about 30 more, so please fill out if you havent already!

THANK YOU!

Tony Genovese

*Bump*
:chef:

Why would you hold the knife on TOP of it???

The proper way to hold a knife it to grip it by the handle. Your hands/fingers should not be on top of the knife.

I don't have a problem using any of my knives - I tried several out (holding them) to get the "feel" before I made up my mind, eventually settling on the Global brand. My mother might find this product useful, since she has arthritis in her hands. Good luck with your project!

I took the survey, but wanted to post here as well. The idea of adding something onto my knife makes me very nervous. There is the change that it could slip off and that could cause you to lose control of the knife and cut yourself. This does not seem like a very safe idea to me. Just my 2 cents.

hmm.. if you have a real good knife it is very well balanced... if you put something on, you destroy this balance.. I don`t think this should be done.......

I took it too, There are some jobs that this could help and with a magnetic base and rack it could be easy on and off without damage to ones knives ! Balance could be worked out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom