Products that have disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved Kraft's pimento cheese! It is still available, but not in as many places, I guess. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Products/ProductInfoDisplay.htm?SiteId=1&Product=2100061257 (Thanks crash, for the link).

That's it! How funny ... I entered our zip code and it says my dad's store carries it but he hasn't seen it for years!

I had almost forgotten the braunschweiger with the opening in the middle!

My dad would make all sorts of strange sounds when he would make us sandwiches with this tube. It was also fun to get him to squirt just a little on a cracker for you.

Did Finesse shampoo and conditioner go away?
I loved that stuff... haven't seen it.

It gets harder and harder to find Bugles snacks. I'm afraid they're next.
:(

Pimento cheese spread by Kraft (I think) ... came in the little glass jar, was wonderful on mush white bread with a tomato. Hmmm ... :(

And what about the braunschweiger you could squeeze out of the nozzle in the middle of the tube?

Kraft Pimento cheese in the little jars are still available here in Vegas as are their other "little jar" cheeses. I buy it once in a while to put on crackers.

I can think of several soft drinks/sodas/cokes/whatever... that have disappeared...

Red Rock Cola, Lake Celery, Orange Crush, Old Frosty Root Beer and Nu Grape are some.

I've found orange crush every where. I just saw it at my walmart and at the local am pm. I am a huge orange soda fan myself. Also, the self serve frozen yogurt here has every brand of Old Frosty!

another one i miss is entenmann's brownie crumb ring.

it's a white ring cake with mocha maple frosting, topped by brownie crumbles.

i spoke with the entenmann's delivery guy at one of our supermarkets, and he said it became too expensive to make so it was discontinued.

OH shoot, was was that spray on dry shampoo you could use if you didn't have time to wash your hair. That stuff was disqusting.
It was called Psssssst (not sure how many s's!). In an emergency it actually worked pretty well, the first time. If you tried to use it twice in a row though, it really was disgusting.

:)Barbara

Thanks, Barbara. That was it. It was like putting talc on grease.
Or baking soda on grease. Then trying to brush it out some of the powder and greasy came out, but the residue was aweful. Mom bought it for me so I wouldn't go out with wet hair in the winter. One try - in the garbage. But all the girls had to try it. The company must have made a fortune that first winter it was introduced. Great idea, though.

Did Finesse shampoo and conditioner go away?
I loved that stuff... haven't seen it.

I just bought that yesterday! I hadn't seen it in a long time, Target stopped carrying it but I found it in a small family own grcery by me...the bottle says new label, same shampoo....or something to that effect...its still has blue bottles though just many different kinds for different hair types.

Probably really "aging" myself here, does anyone remember the little candy "dots" that came affixed to the paper? They were all different colors, and whenever you ate one off the paper, a bit off the paper remained stuck to the underside of the candy! (Maybe the FDA got involved with that)

"Gold Rush" bubble gum? Gold gum "nuggets" in a little cloth sack with a drawstring

Chick-O-Stix

Russell-Stover "Fruit & Nut" Egg-Sold around Easter time, these were LARGE-you sliced them-about the diameter of a softball

And speaking of Easter, does anyone remember "Rubys" (or was it Rudys) Easter egg dye? It made the most beautiful easter eggs you've ever seen-I found some on ebay year before last, they wanted 20.00$ for the kit plus S&H !!!!

Uncle Bob, speaking of soda pop, do you remember Delaware Punch? It was my favorite when I was a little girl, because I don't really care for carbonated drinks...guess what? They have it here in Mexico! Still the same. A trip down Memory Lane.

Smoke King you can't be that old because I remember everything you named clearly let alone them still selling over half of what you named!

Probably really "aging" myself here, does anyone remember the little candy "dots" that came affixed to the paper? They were all different colors, and whenever you ate one off the paper, a bit off the paper remained stuck to the underside of the candy! (Maybe the FDA got involved with that)

"Gold Rush" bubble gum? Gold gum "nuggets" in a little cloth sack with a drawstring

Chick-O-Stix

Russell-Stover "Fruit & Nut" Egg-Sold around Easter time, these were LARGE-you sliced them-about the diameter of a softball

And speaking of Easter, does anyone remember "Rubys" (or was it Rudys) Easter egg dye? It made the most beautiful easter eggs you've ever seen-I found some on ebay year before last, they wanted 20.00$ for the kit plus S&H !!!!
I remember all of these! I loved Chick-O-Stix and the Russell Stover eggs.

Another one I remember was Cherry-o-let. I also liked Seven Up candy bars (they had seven sections, each with a different filling--kind of like a mini box of assorted chocolates all in one little candy bar). I haven't seen them in stores in years, but there is a website where you can find candy that used to be popular, and they have them there. I will try to find the website and post it.

:)Barbara
Edited to add, I found a few websites that have hard-to-find candy (including Chick-O-Stix), but this one has a story about the Seven Up bars (which haven't been available in many years): http://candyaddict.com/blog/2008/04/07/retro-candy-flashback-seven-up-bar/#comment-98458.

Last edited:
Smoke King you can't be that old because I remember everything you named clearly let alone them still selling over half of what you named!

Dang Dee-they aren't selling them in my neighborhood anymore-or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough!!

Back
Top Bottom