"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 AM   #81
Master Chef

I know there are a ton of things DH and I end up liking... then poof! They are gone! It is like there is a meter or scanner out there that says "Hey... Chris and Sattie like this stuff... lets take it off the market!!!"

Old 11-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #82
Certified Cake Maniac

Do you ever notice that Costco will get you hooked on something that you can only find at Costco, and then Poof, they take it away?

The used to have Princess dish gloves in packs of 10 and I haven't found the brand anywhere else. They didn't break down like the ones you get in the stores.

Other things include:
A particular salami that came out for Christmas for about 4 years and then they switched brands
Polish Sausages that DH loved
cured hams
shaved Parmesan
Kraft partly skim Mozzarella
and so on.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #83
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Do you ever notice that Costco will get you hooked on something that you can only find at Costco, and then Poof, they take it away?

The used to have Princess dish gloves in packs of 10 and I haven't found the brand anywhere else. They didn't break down like the ones you get in the stores.

Other things include:
A particular salami that came out for Christmas for about 4 years and then they switched brands
Polish Sausages that DH loved
cured hams
shaved Parmesan
Kraft partly skim Mozzarella
and so on.
I shop at Costco... I can see if they have some of the non-perishable items you mentioned the next time I go. Like the gloves and salami. If I find them... I will send them to ya!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:36 AM   #84
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
I know there are a ton of things DH and I end up liking... then poof! They are gone! It is like there is a meter or scanner out there that says "Hey... Chris and Sattie like this stuff... lets take it off the market!!!"

Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you...........
Old 11-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #85
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke king View Post
Just because your not paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you...........
It seems that way sometimes! I know there are a ton of other things too, just my mind is not working to well at the moment... to late... need nap!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #86
Master Chef

ok, I like controversy.........not really but I'm going to stick my neck out anyway.......why is spam (not the computer stuff though this may a fortelling) still around????............that stuff is disgusting..........and it's still here..........they must be doing something right..............
Old 11-08-2008, 01:55 AM   #87
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
ok, I like controversy.........not really but I'm going to stick my neck out anyway.......why is spam (not the computer stuff though this may a fortelling) still around????............that stuff is disgusting..........and it's still here..........they must be doing something right..............
At the risk of derailing the thread, how can you not like Spam EPG?? Even the Spam "jelly" packed on top of the filet is delicioius??

I'll write your comment off as jet-lag-I know your getting re-acclimated to the USA (Welcome Home BTW) Hit me up for some spam recipes-Before you know it you'll be throwing out all of your NY Strips and Rib-eyes!!

And don't even get me started on Underwood deviled ham........
Old 11-08-2008, 02:28 AM   #88
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Debs, try running a can of Spam (I rinse the jelly off) through a meat grinder with a few sweet pickles (you can use a food processor as well, or you can chop it fine with a knife). Then add just enough Miracle Whip or mayonnaise to bind it. I don't normally like Spam, but this is our favorite lunch meat spread (on soft cheap white bread). Give it a try! You might be surprised!

Barbara
Old 11-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #89
Master Chef

you guys are sweet......no can do on the Spam.........I guess it has to do with a childhood memory when we are in this awful rental house and my mother is going nutso..... there's another more descriptive word that begins with ape""""...the culminating moment is when she discovers spiderwebs behind the door with .......no kiding.......pillbugs in them.........she was from Philly and she just about lost it at that point..........I remember my Dad frying Spam slices that first and last night in the rental home and I just could not eat it with all that pandemonium going on..........even to this day-----50 years later the smell is still keen and the stomach still churns.........
Old 11-08-2008, 04:00 AM   #90
Master Chef

sorry, if I've hijacked this thread......didn't mean to...........whatever happened to Fizzies???? you dropped them in your drinks and they were fun to watch........I heard that some girl dropped some in her mouth and died........think it really was a story invented by our parents to scare us..........I guess I could google this to death but I like hearing from DC'er's mouths anyway.......