Profile-more info-please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FOUR THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT MEA) Four jobs I have had in my life:Legal secretary to 5 attorneys, Seller and model for Dallas International Apparel Mart, Computer Aided Designer in Apparel, Elementary bilingual teacherB) Four movies I would watch over and over: When Harry Met Sally, Beaches, Sweet Home Alabama, Bridge to TyrabithiaC) Four places I have lived: Denton, TX, Lewisville, TX, McAllen, TX, Mission, TXD) Four TV Shows that I watch: American Idol, Project Runway, How Do I Look?; OprahE) Four places I would rather be right now:anywhere at a beach, Bahamas, Hawaii, Costa Rica F) Four things I am looking forward to this year: Going to New York, remodel our backyard, see my son begin Kindergarten, teachingG) Four of my favorite foods: Mexican lasagna, General Cho Chicken, Cream of broccoli, grilled sirloin steak with spinach cream sauceH) Four of my favorite beverages:Coffee, Diet Coke, Wine, WaterI) Four magazines I subscribe to:Cooking Pleasures, Remedy, Oprah, Southern CookingJ) Four of my favorite websites: cookingclub; discusscooking.com; foodtv.com; cafemom.com

FOUR THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
Bagger/cashier at my dad's grocery store, bartender, High School Math teacher, Itinerate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
The Matrix, Rocky 1 - 4, Rat Race, The Usual Suspects

C) Four places I have lived:
St. Cloud MN, Portland OR, Salem OR, Abbotsford WI

D) Four TV Shows that I watch:
Survivor, CSI / CSI NY, Dexter, Weeds

E) Four places I would rather be right now:
Anywhere warm and WITHOUT snow ... working in my thawed garden, sitting around our fire pit in shorts ... but I digress ... Actually, I am happy where I am. I would like to be on a warm vacation but in life, right here.

F) Four things I am looking forward to this year:
The end of winter, a trip in March to Nevada with my honey and in-laws, trying to get pregnant, a road trip in the fall out west to visit friends and family

G) Four of my favorite foods:
My husbands pesto and ceasar salad, my mom's spaghetti, a good brat with 'kraut, mac and cheese

H) Four of my favorite beverages:
Red wine ... specifically Pinot Noirs from the Willamette Valley, Mojito, the pink fruity drinks we made in Jamaica, a cold beer ... specifically Leinenkugels

I) Four magazines I subscribe to:
Real Simple

J) Four of my favorite websites:
Epicurious, Ebay, Food Network, and here

Last edited:
The end of winter, a trip in March to Nevada with my honey and in-laws, trying to get pregnant, a road trip in the fall out west to visit friends and family

:ohmy: Don't be shy now :LOL:

May all your wishes come true :)

Jobs: More than you can count. Both of us with military backgrounds, you cannot imagine how many jobs I've put up with.

Movies: If I had to narrow it down, I'd say "The King and I". Many happy memories of my sisters and me dancing to it.

Places I've lived? You've got to be kidding. As with jobs, more than you can count.

TV shows? Right now it is 2 1/2 men and "My Name is Earl"

Looking forward to: Spring!

Favorite foods: Can you narrow it down? Too many to count!

Fave bevs: Red wines

Magazines: Saveur

Web sites: Well, you're here, aren't you?

Paper boy, Busboy, Golf course Landscaper, Dentist

The Shawshank Redemption, A field of dreams, Dumb and dumber, Blazing saddles
Plainview NY, Philadelphia Pa, Port Jefferson NY, Mount Sinai NY

CNN, MASH reruns, Iron Chef, The biggest loser

Point Sebago ME, Bush Gardens VA, Belem Brazil , Somewhere on my kayak

Vacation, A new Kitchen, A new car, Gardening

Pickles, Pasta, Olives, Hot and sour soup ( from one specific restaurant in St. James LI )

Home made Lemonade, fruit smoothy, Cranberry Juice, Fresh squeezed orange juice

Canoe and Kayak, Mountain biking, JADA

J) Four things I can't do without:
Family, My best friend, Internet, My pets

Pacanis, ever heard the song "So Much Cooler Online" by Brad Paisley?
I can't stop singing it now after reading your "updated" profile. :LOL:

Larry my Mom was born in Plainview, then moved to Bethpage at age 10.
Small world!

Grocery Carryout, Bank Teller, Chocolate Seller and maker, Bagel Baker

Pretty Woman, Cars, Ghostbusters (both), National Treasure

Bronx, NY St. Paul, MN Indianapolis, IN North Branch, MN

Grey's Anatomy, The Office, The Apprentice, 2 and 1/2 men

somewhere warm, warm, warm or warm

Getting out in the yard, potty training the last baby, staying alive, being me

Pasta, Bread, (carb addiction) boneless buffalo wings, Things with melted cheese

Sam Adams, Brandy, very cold water, coffee

Cooking Light, Parents, Good Housekeeping, Bon Appetite

J) Four of my favorite websites:
Epicurious, DC, knitting pattern central, Allrecipes

k) Four things I can't do without:
My husband, my kids, my kitchen, yarn and knitting needles

Last edited:

Bartender, au-pair/slave in Italy, farmworker in the UK(picking apples while backpacking), IT sales person

Love Actually, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Shrek 1, Ice Age

Cape Town SA, Johannesburg SA, Benevento Italy, London

Lost, Prison Break, Dexter, 24

Italy, France, Greece, Bali

Getting my business up and running, going on holiday next month, getting back into my fitness routine, being with everyone I love

Sushi, pizza, pasta, cheese

Wine, bubbly, gin&tonic, iced tea

None

J) Four of my favorite websites:DC, Google, Allrecipes, IOL

k) Four things I can't do without:
My husband, my friends, good food and wine, my dogs

My apologizes - didn't mean to offend anyone :ermm:. We have struggled the last 3 years but every year, I look forward to the day when we have sucess. So it truely is something I am looking forward to. But again, I'm sorry if my comment was offensive.

My apologizes - didn't mean to offend anyone :ermm:. We have struggled the last 3 years but every year, I look forward to the day when we have sucess. So it truely is something I am looking forward to. But again, I'm sorry if my comment was offensive.
No apologies necessary, JMed! Heck, we're all rootin' for you. This is a big family here and we share this stuff. I've never had a problem getting pregnant and believe me, I know what a blessing that is not to have any problems with fertility. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm looking forward to the day you post your pregnancy!!!! Not only that, TexasGirl and I have been knitting up a storm so you can count on some handmade baby blankets.:)

You certainly didn't offend me JMediger!

No, I never heard that song Suzi. I'll have to hunt it up and give a listen.
Or maybe my profile needs updating again....

It's REALLY good if you see the video to go with it... it's country though, I know alot of people hate it. But SO FUNNY!!!!!

If you cant find it (and want to) I'll get ya a link to the video.

Yeah, I just listened to it at that Songza site that someone posted here a while back... might have even been you Katie. Pretty funny. That's what I always liked about country, you can understand the words, but my country days were through the nineties.

Love Actually, wasn't that just on a movie channel or something? Seems I could have watched it but didn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis

No honey, you didn't offend anyone, pacanis likes to tease. It keeps us all in good spirits:LOL:

No apologies necessary, JMed! Heck, we're all rootin' for you. This is a big family here and we share this stuff. I've never had a problem getting pregnant and believe me, I know what a blessing that is not to have any problems with fertility. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm looking forward to the day you post your pregnancy!!!! Not only that, TexasGirl and I have been knitting up a storm so you can count on some handmade baby blankets.:)

Fisher's Mom is right, we all love to know whene there is a new baby to be seen on DC. We're all wishing you the best of luck and keep us informed of how your doing!! And for the blanket, I bet hers looks better than mine.:LOL:

Four jobs I've had: restaurant manager,cookshop salesperson, executive chef, caterer
Four movies I'd watch over and over: Wuthering Heights(the original), The Wizard of Oz, Love Actually, the Marx brothers
Four T.V. shows that I watch: Law and Order, Weeds, Sex and the City, Cold Case
Four things I'm looking forward to this year: summer, a trip to Berlin, Fixing new cabinets, fixing my house
Four places I have lived: Brooklyn N.Y., Richmond Indiana, Skopelos Greece, Athens Greece
Four of my favorite foods: Pasta,,Sushi,Seaweed Salad, Smoked fish
Four of my favorite beverages:Water, Coffee, Tea, Vodka,
Four magazines; Gourmet, Jazziz
Four Websites: DC, youtube, Google
Things I can't do without: music, my friends, my cats,peace of mind

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom