Proper Engineering For Life - by Katie E. and mudbug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TP under the roll. Decreed by 'she who must be obeyed':LOL:

Both socks on first.

Milk in the tea first.

Light switches ( same as Kadesma)

Seat belt fastened before turning on engine.

Give up on rules for the toilet seat and for the bathroom. Just do it every day the way I like it to be.( spotless!)

Knives, handles up in the dishwasher.

dis cloths changed daily ( again, my responsibility)

TV remotes put away in their little 'storer' thingey

Toaster crumb tray emptied reglarly.

After 38 years of happy marriage, one of the things which keeps it happy is to not 'impose' the rules. Just do things the way you like them done . One of my Mother's pet 'sayings' was " If you want something done, do it yourself!"

I am just really fussy about the kitchen and the bathroom in particular.:rolleyes:

TP on top, toilet seat...I gave up on it. When dog was here I actually preferred it up...saved from me having a wet tush. Dish cloth must be hung after use, knives down, Towels folded three- fold NOT twice, pants folded twice not three-fold, If your done with it shut it off!

TP OVER the roll - the end :rolleyes:
Silverware business end UP in the dishwasher
NO KNIVES EVER in the dishwasher (or wooden utensils)
Wash pots with Comet after EVERY use - end of discussion (that's why I wash them and they still look (almost) new after 20 years)
Get in car and immediately lock doors (habit from long ago when someone tried to open my door) then seatbelt right after that. Start engine.
Sock, shoe, sock shoe, sock sock, shoe shoe, doesn't matter as long as shoes are last ;)
Last but not least - don't sweat the small stuff (unless it's NOT washing the pots and pans with Comet after every use or putting knives in the dishwasher along with wooden utensils :-p )

Vacuum 1`st and THEN do the dusting.

Never go to bed on and argument (stay up and fight).

Light the Gas Before you turn the Oxygen on.

Turn the Oxygen Off before you turn off the Gas.

Add Acid to Water, never Water to Acid.

Select the papers with the least Newsprint on it before cutting it into squares and hanging them on the wire in the Toilet, thereby bypassing any arguments about which way the roll should be :)

I once saw a study that showed that less TP was used when it was loaded over the top. That is how I do it as well.

Do not let the drainer thingy in the sink get full of bits and pieces. This grosses me out to no end.

Leave no hair on the bathroom soap after you have used it.

"Near" the wastebasket/laundry basket is not the same as "in."

When the kitchen garbage can is full, that does not mean it is time to open an empty quart milk carton or cereal box and start stuffing additional garbage into it.

Make sure the ringtone of your cell phone is different from others in your household who may also have cell phones.

There is no law that says you have to answer a teenager's cell phone if said teenager is not home.

As per the dishwasher, silverware is placed handle down with spoons in one section, knives (table knives) in a second space and forks in a third. It's easy enought to put them in this way and makes unloading even easier, especially for youngsters who want to help. We never put our good cutlery in the dishwasher. Always washed by hand.

Katie, I used to do that as well, but discovered that like-shaped things tended to nest against each other and did not get as clean as I would have liked.

Toilet Seat DOWN... Toilet LID DOWN... Solves all arguements since everybody has to adjust it to the way they want it every time and then reset to DOWN/DOWN. I actually don't LIKE walking into a bathroom and seeing the inside of the toilet bowl.

Toilet Paper over the top (I don't really care, but sometimes I do put those hotel folds on it... just for fun).

Sharp knives are hand wash only. Not dishwasher.

1. pants, 2. sock sock, 3. shoe shoe

All men should own and USE personal trimmers for nose/ear hair.

The Z said:
I actually don't LIKE walking into a bathroom and seeing the inside of the toilet bowl.

Toilet Paper over the top (I don't really care, but sometimes I do put those hotel folds on it... just for fun).

Sharp knives are hand wash only. Not dishwasher.

1. pants, 2. sock sock, 3. shoe shoe
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

All men should own and USE personal trimmers for nose/ear hair.

Oh, how I agree. I've seen some men with more hair coming from their noses and ears than on their heads. Blech!:(

I got some...

Always always use blinker when turning somewhere while driving.

Dirty clothes should go in the hamper not "close by" the hamper.

There should never be dirty dishes in the sink.

Dittoes on #1 and #2, JCook. As for #3, I can stand it as long as the kid in the house whose job it is to deal with it.

Another tool rule: the pie server is not meant to scrape icky stuff off the garage floor. Or the good steel spatula.

Agreed, Katie. However, Buck's and HH's ratty old t-shirts are perfectly fine tools for cleaning mirrors and rain-spattered windshields.

Back
Top Bottom