Proposed SNAP Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having worked for a local company that delivered meal kits, what a logistic nightmare. And costly re delivery, etc. Bad idea, IMO.

Yep. It's an idiotic idea. It's a bad idea for the recipients (takes away some of their choice), and it's bad for the thousands and thousands of local food stores with hundreds of thousands on their payroll that now will be cut out of the loop and lose revenue.

It's just a stupid asinine idea.

Last edited:
The people who abuse the system are responsible for this. I know people who sell their cards. They are meth heads. I have seen people buy jugs of water only to empty them in the parking lot. Then go back in and get the deposit return. Meth heads again. I have seen people pay for their food items with food stamps then pull out a wad of 100 dollar bills to pay for the non food items. Typically Hispanics do that. If you get in line behind a hispanic family at the Wal-Mart in South Sioux City Nebraska you will see this 9 times out of 10. You can call me racist if you want but thats my observation.

I listen to old ladies complain they only get 20 bucks a month. I have a good friend that is disabled. 40 years old. Dont get squat! My mother in law disabled gets $10. Wow a whole 10 bucks.

My exwife lied and got a couple hundred! Then went around bragging about it and bought a brand new car.

The people who abuse the system are responsible for this. I know people who sell their cards. They are meth heads. I have seen people buy jugs of water only to empty them in the parking lot. Then go back in and get the deposit return. Meth heads again. I have seen people pay for their food items with food stamps then pull out a wad of 100 dollar bills to pay for the non food items. Typically Hispanics do that. If you get in line behind a hispanic family at the Wal-Mart in South Sioux City Nebraska you will see this 9 times out of 10. You can call me racist if you want but thats my observation.

I listen to old ladies complain they only get 20 bucks a month. I have a good friend that is disabled. 40 years old. Dont get squat! My mother in law disabled gets $10. Wow a whole 10 bucks.

My exwife lied and got a couple hundred! Then went around bragging about it and bought a brand new car.

Wow, she shouldn't go around bragging about defrauding the food stamp program. Yikes. That carries jail time. She probably isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. :)

Yeah it's sad to see the people abuse the system who don't need it, then it ends up hurting the poor souls who actually need it.

Those people pulling out the wad of cash are probably working under the table at a construction job, so in the eyes of the dept. of human services they are flat broke and get free housing, food benefits, cash assistance, medical.

I know a guy who has a construction business, and he's legit and pays his employees a living wage, 401k match, medical/dental benefits. He says it's actually cheaper because at least he has a loyal dedicated crew. They do quality work which is a good fit for his co. (they do bathroom and kitchen remodels mostly). They're booked up like a year ahead for jobs. My cousin (roofer, carpenter) has worked for him for 10 years.

He bought my cousin a brand new Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton 4x4, to give my cousin flexibility so he could pull the trailer and fetch materials and such. He even put it in my cousin's name. He called it a "bonus". It's the base model so it's white with the black grille and has manual windows. But it has AC and AT and is NEW. :)

Whereas the contractors who hire people under the table have to settle with shoddy work, workers who don't show up, etc..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom