"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Wow!I must be the only one who likes the pull tab.I have carpal tunnel also but think the tab is easier than turning the can opener.[i dont have the electric can opener}

Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
Master Chef

I don't mind the pull tabs. I rather like them on the cans of heat'n'eat stuff like ravioli and chunky soups. I can take them or leave them on the cream of soups I use in recipes. I like pumps on my hand soaps and lotions. Habit from working in the hospital!

Old 03-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #13
Master Chef

I think that a lot of tops -- pumps and sprays -- are specifically designed so that you have to throw away the last couple of ounces of cleaning products. I find the pull tabs on soups and other goods a nice convenience. Out of curiousity (never tried it), can't you still use a can opener on them if you are a person who really wants to use a can opener?

By the way, although it is not really connected, I hope you all know that when you order your prescriptions, you can tell your pharmacist that there are no children in your home and you want arthritis-friendly packaging for your prescriptions. Ditto your vet for your best friends' prescriptions.