Pull up a Chair Stay Awhile Barber Shop !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite boots in the eighties were high heeled, pointed toe and about 6 or 8 straps going around the calf, with a buckle on the side. A zipper went up the back. They were patent leather and oh so cool. I saw some almost exactly like 'em at Kohl's last month, but they make boots for people with stick-figure legs. My calves wouldn't fit!

Go to your local cobler he can make you a pair.
I was wearing Dingo Boots, Leather tire tread sandles, and Penny loafers as a kid. Sports had me in High Top tennis shoes or deck shoes, and of course cletes I am sure there are other guys that remember my cletes too! :LOL: :angel:
I am in Heaven, Movies this summer are going to be good.
Have to see Cinderela Story, War of The Worlds, Fantastic 4, Batman Reborn, and others. :cool:

Maidrite said:
Go to your local cobler he can make you a pair.

I can't afford what she'd charge! Just to get the h's dress shoes re-soled was $55! And, it took about a month.
(She's been doing business here in the village for about 30 years+ and is the only cobbler around)
I imagine custom made boots would be around 6 months' time and $400.

jkath said:
My favorite boots in the eighties were high heeled, pointed toe and about 6 or 8 straps going around the calf, with a buckle on the side. A zipper went up the back. They were patent leather and oh so cool. I saw some almost exactly like 'em at Kohl's last month, but they make boots for people with stick-figure legs. My calves wouldn't fit!

my favorite boots in 2005 are black leather, with HUGE chunky heels and zippers up the sides.

my favorite boots were the ones that came just above the ankle with skinny heels and the chain wrapped around going under the heel.

I have 2 favorite pairs of boots right now. One pair comes just below my knees & zips up the side with a semi-chunky heel & the other pair comes about 2 inches above my ankles, with kinda squared toes & heels that are not to thick & not too thin. I love boots!!!

Last year, I bought a pair of black knee high Ferragamo flat heeled boots! I love them to distraction. I'm scared to wear them...

If I could get away with it I'd wear my boots year round. I love shoes but boots are my favorite. Funny thing though, I hate wearing shoes! That's the first thing to come off when I walk in the house.

Choc, put those boots on and go paint the town!

Crewsk, I love boots too, especially the ankle-high ones you wear with jeans.
I want cowboy boots next. Then I can be fancy-shmancy.

crewsk said:
I have 2 favorite pairs of boots right now. One pair comes just below my knees & zips up the side with a semi-chunky heel & the other pair comes about 2 inches above my ankles, with kinda squared toes & heels that are not to thick & not too thin. I love boots!!!

i would LOVE a pair of knee-high boots, but they all wobble on my legs cause i'm too skinny for them. dagnabbit!:(

Before My 11:55 hair appointment gets here I will tell you about mine.
I loved My Biker Boots I had with chains on them, And my Dingo Boots.
My Favorite Boots were the two pair my Brother gave me when he came Back from the war. They lasted forever and talk about comfort.
Yes I be "The Man".
Ok Next ! :LOL:

biker boots, maidrite? do you have a harley? i love those bikes. the ones with ape-hangers are a hoot, though.:ROFLMAO:

No I wish I did, I have always wanted a Harley,Indain, or one of the New Victory Motorcycles.
The closest I have came was my Biker Boots, Pony tail, and Mustach and Gotee.
Which I Glady shaved off before I married Barbara.
Now Tell me "WHO'S THE MAN" ? :huh: :ohmy: :ermm:

And he's so much cuter without that stupid goatee, mustache, and ponytail! (it was more of a rat-tail) He grew them because he has a baby face. I love him without them because he has a baby face!

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom