Pull up a Chair Stay Awhile Barber Shop !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the memory jkath! For anyone who has never been to a See's store, you have to go to one. The interior is pure black and white and just as clean and fresh looking as can be. I get the catalogs, but it's not the same as going to the stores!

Maidrite is still sick, but he said he might be able to drag himself into the barber shop sometime today. He said he's ready to flowbee the cat Luvs! lol

:) Barbara

~plopping kitty carrier down~
here's my cat!
i brought bean for the trim. he's a good sport. he won't protest too much when you vacuum his fur off.
jkath, he wants his whiskers tinted blue.:LOL:
i brought 2 of my girl cats to get thier nails painted.
not that I'VE painted my esther's nails before or anything.:whistling
they brought a card for you, maidrite. it says, 'get well soon!'

Last edited:
0800lady.jpg
Here ya go Barbara -
One of the See's ladies, still in their
proper outfit with the comfortable
shoes to match.

Luvs, your kitties are done! They look fab!
I've taken them to the new pet shop down the street to get matching collars.

ummmmm, is that my CAT? he kind of looks like a rat now....
~bending down to sweep up hair clippings with hands~
um, is there any glue i can use?
~using tint brush to cover kitty in glue. sprinkling fur clippings over the glue~
uh-oh.
my cat has a mullet now. jkath? HELPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!
the female cats' nails look beautiful, though!:LOL:

OK SUSHI You are next, Sorry I was gone deep sea fishing, I Thought I put up a sign, I'll be right back after I take that truck off fish and shrimp over to the cafe.

The question isn't so much where's Buckytom. The question is, where are all my cats?! BUCKYTOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok waxing on, WAX OFF, wax on, WAX OFF OK done how about a wax on your eye brows ?yes great , need a shave ok great we are all done. If you want that Mohawk, Barbara said she will do that herself Sushi .:huh:

As far as my work it looks great on you !:cool:

What took me so long to get in here? I just had a stress-out with my husband. He was trimming the hedge, and hit a wasp nest. They flew up his shirt sleeve. Unbeknownst to him and me, he's allergic to stings. I had to call an ambulance. Living in a small town, my 911 call brought in someone from every single county and town emergency response team. It was touch-and-go for a few hours, but he's fine now, but lord, I was scared. On top of it, we were preparing for a party on Saturday, expecting about 30-40 people, and I was making green chili stew ... gallons of it. I guess I'm practical, but all I could think of was how to get him taken care of, not burn the house down, not poison the town with my pork, and keep the dogs away. Managed to do all of the obove, then fell apart 24 hours later (earlier this morning) in a fit of bawling in the shower. Luckily got an email from my sis this morning, who got the story second hand (from Mom) who knew exactly what I was talking about.

I'm glad your husband is ok now Claire. What a horrifying experience! What a woman--you saved your husband, the green chili stew, and the house in one fell swoop! Seriously, I'm glad everything turned out ok.

The chili is in the fridge, awaiting tomorrow's party. I think about 30 will come; could be as few as 20, as many as 50. haha! New Mexico Green Chili Stew is a very foreign concept around here. I made it a couple of years ago and you know who loved it? A Moslem freind. I told her (and a couple of Jewish freinds) it was pork, and her response was that she doesn't eat pork in Jordan and in Pakistan, but when in the Midwest she's always dying for anything spicy (and it is spicy, not hot). It was scary overall because I was in the middle of cutting up the many pounds of pork (I used pork butt this time, and it was quite greasy, I had to trim a lot of fat off, but if you use a leaner cut it doesn't taste right) and when hubby came screaming in, trying to get his tshirt full of wasps off, I was up to my elbows in pork fat! All's well that ends well. It was a bit complicated overall because hubby had just been diagnosed with diabetes on top of everything else, and we've been dealing with that when this happened. If I do say so myself, the chili is delicious. It just occurred to me that if I have leftovers, I can add a can of coconut milk to it, some more veggies, some herbs from the garden, some heat, pour over rice, and it will make a great Thai green curry. I'm always looking for an angle to make 2 or 3 completely different meals from one big one.

Back
Top Bottom