"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-02-2005, 11:54 AM   #161
Hospitality Queen

Absolutely! I can wear my son's shirts, but he's asked me not to.....
Do you have a PacSun store anywhere near you? Their clothes are nice and small, and actually fit. But, you can only wear surf shirts so often.....
Here's another idea: fiind a shirt you truly adore. Look at the tag, then make a search for it on ebay. I got the cutest shirt there (actually got a lot, but regarding this one....) and you would love it. It's a tank top with various shades of pink stripes and it's covered in clear sequins so it kinda is sparkly. I feel like Barbie when I wear it.
Best thing is I've never paid more than a few dollars on ebay for tops and they usually still have the tags on 'em.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 PM   #162
Contest Winner

Wink

Jkath do you think they would have one of those my size, although the thought of me looking like Barbie is not what I think works with this hairdo you gave me. You know what it is just good to be me !

Old 06-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #163
Hospitality Queen

hmmmm...odd mental picture there.

<<quickly unbraiding Maidrite's hair, giving a nice conservative cut, using styling cream>>

Now you are back! But you need something......Ah! Here ya go - your rose petal mousse that you left on the counter of the cafe.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #164
Contest Winner

Wink

pssssss come here jkath, aahh errr That was Buckytoms , but I do look good don't I ?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:40 PM   #165
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Absolutely! I can wear my son's shirts, but he's asked me not to.....
Do you have a PacSun store anywhere near you? Their clothes are nice and small, and actually fit. But, you can only wear surf shirts so often.....
Here's another idea: fiind a shirt you truly adore. Look at the tag, then make a search for it on ebay. I got the cutest shirt there (actually got a lot, but regarding this one....) and you would love it. It's a tank top with various shades of pink stripes and it's covered in clear sequins so it kinda is sparkly. I feel like Barbie when I wear it.
Best thing is I've never paid more than a few dollars on ebay for tops and they usually still have the tags on 'em.
we have pac sun, right at one of the malls around here. my best friend works there.
i MISS gadzook's; they shut down, though. i hear they were bought out by another company. i got a pink tongue ring/barbell from there. (my tongue piercing was my 16th b-day gift, and i had my lebret- the area between the lower lip and the chin- pierced, too. i took those out by the time i was 19.)
since your my big sis, i can borrow that top, right? it sounds soooooo cute! you can borrow some of my clothes, too! they're all really cute!
i just bought my spring wardrobe in march and have the prettiest green tank tops and a little green purse. that's the color for this season!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #166
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
i just bought my spring wardrobe in march and have the prettiest green tank tops and a little green purse. that's the color for this season!
Not only do I have the green handbag with a rhinestone pin, I have the matching shoes.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:44 PM   #167
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidrite
pssssss come here jkath, aahh errr That was Buckytoms , but I do look good don't I ?
That's funny, Bucky told me it was for YOU!

And, yes, you look great - kinda like the cover of Fortune Magazine.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #168
Master Chef

~handing armload of clothes over to jkath and trading them for her armload-full~
here, it's mostly GAP, but there are some other brands in there, too. Abercrombie, American eagle, Hippie jeans, Dollhouse jeans, some belts....
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #169
Hospitality Queen

Thanks - here's some for you to try -
let's see....bootleg jeans....bootleg stretch jeans....black bootleg jeans....acid washed bootleg jeans....black tank...pink tank...black and pink...pink pumps, green pumps, red pumps, purple pumps, white pumps......ah! and the sparkly pink top.

I need to do something with my hair....I used to have it fuschia, and I liked it........
Old 06-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #170
Master Chef

thanks for the load of clothes, big sister!

i used to have cotton candy pink hair when i was 15. i used to get the dye at a head shop. my Parents were veerrrryyyyyyy tolerant of my teenage antics. good for them.... i know i mustv'e driven them nuts. i see now why they wouldn't let me drive till i was 19.