"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
DC Grandma

Pulling my hair out.

We made it through the Colenoscophy but I didn't mention that DH fell (again) last week in the driveway. It was a week ago yesterday. I have had to lift him in and our of a chair, pick up his feet to put him in and out of the car etc. He wouldn't go to the Dr because he was afraid they would cancel his appointment. Soo off to the Dr. today..he is now in the hospital with a fractured hip!!

I am about to pull my hair out.Enough is enough.........

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Master Chef

Oh, Marge, I'm so sorry. All I can give you is my prayers and hugs! {{{big hug!}}}

You're a wonderful wife, taking care of him the way you do, but make sure you take good care of yourself, too, OK?

Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
oh dove how terrible !!!!!
i'm so sorry !! but you are
a great wife !!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
DC Grandma

Even if I closed the screen door to the sliding doors going out to the Patio (taking Miss Dove out) and then turned around and walked in the house without opening the screen??? Sort of bent the frame a little.. :}

Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
dove... yes even then lol
Old 09-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #6
Head Chef

Dove! How did that man stand the pain for a week? Special prayers going up for you right now!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Marge,

bless you both. Now that DH is in the hospital, please take this time to rest and get yourself back into good shape..This will give you a rest, lifting and bending as you have must have been really hard. I was in misery when I had to pick up my dad from one chair or out of bed to get him into the wheel chair, this went on til he passed away about 8 months later...I was sore and achy all the time...At 105 lbs to his 125 it was hard..But, I'd do it again tomorrow if I had to,,,And I know you are going to give your all to DH when he gets to come home..So rest up, take care of you...Prayers and a heal soon to DH..A great big hug to you both.. He must be one strong man...to put up with the pain...
kadesma
Old 09-02-2005, 10:56 PM   #8
DC Grandma

He just did..for the very first time he did ask for Tylenol..once. Thats just the way he is..never complains but I knew he was hurting. He always said "the man who treats himself, has a fool for a patient" He is already asking to come home since surgery isn't needed. He needs to be there at least for the week end..he eats like a bird once a day..Dr said today he is malnourshed (sp) and will end up in the hospital if he didn't eat. Well, he did..but not for that.If they have any sense they will figgure that out. the hospital 3 miles from us didn't have a bed so he is about 15 minutes from home or more. The food is Much much better there so maybe he will try to eat.
Marge

Old 09-02-2005, 11:07 PM   #9
DC Grandma

Can you believe this!?

Date of Birth: 12/11
You should be looking especially beautiful today, Margaret, but you may feel that it's wasted because your beloved isn't around to appreciate it. Cheer up! It'll only be for a few days, and you'll still look pretty good by then. Try to keep yourself busy, preferably doing something you love to do, so your enthusiasm will enhance your beauty. Your friend won't be away forever. It only seems that way.

Today Sept. 3rd

Date of Birth: 12/11
Whatever you want, Margaret, you need only ask for it today and there is a good chance you will get it. And it's about time, too. It seems you have been working exceptionally hard lately. You are certainly due for your fair share of happiness and glory! Gather your thoughts, collect your supporting evidence and ask for what you want. If your yen for more public recognition is nagging at you, then take steps today to ensure that you get more time in the spotlight.

I just opened it and had to come back and post it.
this is scarry..

Old 09-02-2005, 11:51 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

See Marge, that say's it all...

cheer up, I know it's hard and you're probably scared and lonely, but, he will be home and soon..Let him come through the door and see his beautiful girl..happy, smiling and lovely as ever..
kadesma