Pulling my hair out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dove

DC Grandma
We made it through the Colenoscophy but I didn't mention that DH fell (again) last week in the driveway. It was a week ago yesterday. I have had to lift him in and our of a chair, pick up his feet to put him in and out of the car etc. He wouldn't go to the Dr because he was afraid they would cancel his appointment. Soo off to the Dr. today..he is now in the hospital with a fractured hip!!

I am about to pull my hair out.Enough is enough.........

Oh, Marge, I'm so sorry. All I can give you is my prayers and hugs! {{{big hug!}}}

You're a wonderful wife, taking care of him the way you do, but make sure you take good care of yourself, too, OK? :)

Even if I closed the screen door to the sliding doors going out to the Patio (taking Miss Dove out) and then turned around and walked in the house without opening the screen??? Sort of bent the frame a little.. :}

Marge,

bless you both. Now that DH is in the hospital, please take this time to rest and get yourself back into good shape..This will give you a rest, lifting and bending as you have must have been really hard. I was in misery when I had to pick up my dad from one chair or out of bed to get him into the wheel chair, this went on til he passed away about 8 months later...I was sore and achy all the time...At 105 lbs to his 125 it was hard..But, I'd do it again tomorrow if I had to,,,And I know you are going to give your all to DH when he gets to come home..So rest up, take care of you...Prayers and a heal soon to DH..A great big hug to you both.. He must be one strong man...to put up with the pain...
kadesma

He just did..for the very first time he did ask for Tylenol..once. Thats just the way he is..never complains but I knew he was hurting. He always said "the man who treats himself, has a fool for a patient" He is already asking to come home since surgery isn't needed. He needs to be there at least for the week end..he eats like a bird once a day..Dr said today he is malnourshed (sp) and will end up in the hospital if he didn't eat. Well, he did..but not for that.If they have any sense they will figgure that out. the hospital 3 miles from us didn't have a bed so he is about 15 minutes from home or more. The food is Much much better there so maybe he will try to eat.
Marge

Can you believe this!?

Date of Birth: 12/11
You should be looking especially beautiful today, Margaret, but you may feel that it's wasted because your beloved isn't around to appreciate it. Cheer up! It'll only be for a few days, and you'll still look pretty good by then. Try to keep yourself busy, preferably doing something you love to do, so your enthusiasm will enhance your beauty. Your friend won't be away forever. It only seems that way.

Today Sept. 3rd

Date of Birth: 12/11
Whatever you want, Margaret, you need only ask for it today and there is a good chance you will get it. And it's about time, too. It seems you have been working exceptionally hard lately. You are certainly due for your fair share of happiness and glory! Gather your thoughts, collect your supporting evidence and ask for what you want. If your yen for more public recognition is nagging at you, then take steps today to ensure that you get more time in the spotlight.

I just opened it and had to come back and post it.
this is scarry..:ermm:

Last edited:
See Marge, that say's it all...

cheer up, I know it's hard and you're probably scared and lonely, but, he will be home and soon..Let him come through the door and see his beautiful girl..happy, smiling and lovely as ever..
kadesma:)

Please take care of YOU now for awhile. Do something nice
just for you that you don't have time for when dh is at home!!

Men can be SO stubborn!!!!!
If he is anything like my hubby, and it sounds like he is, My hubby thinks that if you show pain, then your weak. He doesn't go to the doctor until he is in so much pain that he's in tears by then. :rolleyes:
Just keep being the wonderful lady that you are, Marge. He'll be up and around again soon, but, while someone else is taking care of him for now, rest and do something for yourself!! Hugs to you!!

Marge, I agree with everyone's advice - this is a great opportunity to take care of yourself! Rest, put your feet up, read or watch a movie or do something YOU like to do. Everything else can wait!! Big hugs to you and DH.

I hadn't seen this til just now. I agree with the others - take very good care of yourself and enjoy something you don't usually get to do when dh is home. Best wishes.

Marge,

Keep your chin up. I tried to call you yesterday, but lost my cell phone out in the woods and had to hunt for it. :( Luckily, I just left it on the truckbox of my truck and it fell between the box and the bed.

Take care and I will be thinking of you.

Hugs, SC:)

:wub: They're all correct, Marge, take some good care of yourself while he's being cared for in the hospital. You've had your share of lumps, girl, get some rest!

My hubby thinks that if you show pain, then your weak

Yep! He was the youngest of 8 so he wouldn't let them think he was a baby and then part of his training was with the Marine Corps..( 8 out of 21 years) need I say more?

Marge!!!!! It's going to get better from here!!! I hope he starts eating now. I can't believe he broke his hip! Maybe the doctors will get him on the right road to recovery while he's in the hospital. Give him my best!!!

My husband is an only child, who feels he has to prove that he wasn't a spoiled wimp. This is ridiculous -- his mother had TB, and he quite often did everything for him and his dad. I'm tall and large and strong (we're actually about the same size), but when he flopped over this summer, and last summer had gout, I couldn't handle it alone. Don't hesitate to ask friends who are willing to help. I can do a lot myself, but when it comes to lifting and carrying things like air conditioning units, or my husband (around 190 lbs) ... well ... Suffice it to say, if you get sick or seriously hurt your back or knees, you are no good to anyone. so take care of yourself. If you aren't willing to do it for you, do it to keep both of you alive.

I hate it that it always seems that disasters hit you all at the same time. You never have a family member's illness, you have that, and a weather disaster, and a major house mishap ... blablabla. If only the disasters would hit one at a time!

Back
Top Bottom