Question about body fat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chile Chef, I didn't think you were being disrespectful at all. I was trying to answer your question in the simplest terms possible.

Hi Derek, this site may be of use to you as a bit of a motivator - I will need to read it for myself I think!! LOL They are running a healthy living campaign here at the moment and the tag phrase works really well in marketing, and I think it does make people think about it a bit more.
Find Thirty every day : Finding thirty

Not a lot of reading to it but sometimes you just need a kick start - I know I do. I recently stopped my cats going out during the day, and I have been stacking on the weight ever since as chasing them around the yard (I have kittens as well as old adults) gave me so much exercise I was unaware I was getting! Now I have to find something to get me back into it and that is much harder than incidental exercise, esp in winter when it is cold and raining! So I empathise with you immensely!

Burger King is full of salt and fat so isn't really very good for you as you know but you can eat healthier at these places if you stop and think about it. Say no to the fries, no mayo, no cheese - get grilled chicken if it is on offer or a salad. We have HeartTick meals and Healthy Options at our Maccas and Hungry Jacks (Burger King), so for about A$6 you can get chicken nuggets, a garden salad and a bottle of water or OJ as an example. Try to go to fast food outlets that have healthier menu options when you are out and about. Subway wraps are low in fat and sodium (depending on what you put in them). Try some of the Japanese cuisine - very filling and usually quite nutritious. Try a deli and get a sandwich instead.

If you really need (crave) that hit of fat - and I know I do sometimes - walk to BK but don't go to the one closest to you, choose a destination that will stretch you a bit physically.

Good luck to you. HOpe you get in the swing of things again real soon.

I'm coming late to this line, but haven't seen this addressed so far. One meal a day? And that being fast food? This leads me to believe that maybe you're eating a lot of snack food throughout the day, and I don't mean apples. You'll learn, as many of us have, that exercise is necessary to a decent lifestyle. But so is nutrition, fed to your body throughout the day. Not more calories than you can metabolize once a day.

I'm coming late to this line, but haven't seen this addressed so far. One meal a day? And that being fast food? This leads me to believe that maybe you're eating a lot of snack food throughout the day, and I don't mean apples. You'll learn, as many of us have, that exercise is necessary to a decent lifestyle. But so is nutrition, fed to your body throughout the day. Not more calories than you can metabolize once a day.
Actually the one meal a day is some what healthy It's fish, hamburger helper, ro what ever I feel like cooking that day when I get out of class.

And yes I do eat little things through out the day!

Being a student its tough to plan healthy meals. The best tip I ever heard was to keep your food choices as close to nature as possible. So...an apple and a slice of cheese is better than any kind of processed food. Like say cheez whiz on white bread.

Here is a link to Canada's Food guide. If you read it and follow the portion directions you will do well. You MUST exercise too though. Good luck.

Being a student its tough to plan healthy meals. The best tip I ever heard was to keep your food choices as close to nature as possible. So...an apple and a slice of cheese is better than any kind of processed food. Like say cheez whiz on white bread.

Here is a link to Canada's Food guide. If you read it and follow the portion directions you will do well. You MUST exercise too though. Good luck.
Thank you Alix, But how is cheese close to nature?

Last I've heard most cheeses was processed, "from my doctor I mean"

Cheese is closer to nature than say cheez whiz, or a processed cheese slice. When I say cheese, I mean a piece of cheddar or swiss or something like that. It is basically milk that has rennet (a natural enzyme) added to it to make it coagulate (stick together) and the solid stuff is the cheese and the liquid stuff is the whey and its drained off. So...natural. Does that make sense Derek?

Choose veggies and fruits more often than not. Choose meat that is less processed (less deli meat or cured or smoked meat), choose whole grain anything as it hasn't been processed as much to remove all the fiber. The less it is processed the better it is for your body. It will satisfy you longer and give you better nutrition.

All good and well, but the idea that you can attain good health merely by eating well is a myth. It's only half the formula. Exercise is essential.

eating only one meal a day is not great for one's metabolism. Again, I recommend that since you are taking classes, seeking a degree, you take a health/wellness/conditioning course and learn from professionals. A nutrition class wouldn't hurt, either. 2 birds, 1 stone: health benefits you are seeking as well as credit for courses taken that could count towards your degree. Cheaper than health clubs and visits to a nutritionist.
But, ya gotta wanna do it...

Scotch, I think Derek got that message loud and clear. We all were very firm in our suggestions he incorporate exercise. I think now we are encouraging him to steer away from BK as his only meal of the day! ;)

Cheese is closer to nature than say cheez whiz, or a processed cheese slice. When I say cheese, I mean a piece of cheddar or swiss or something like that. It is basically milk that has rennet (a natural enzyme) added to it to make it coagulate (stick together) and the solid stuff is the cheese and the liquid stuff is the whey and its drained off. So...natural. Does that make sense Derek?

Choose veggies and fruits more often than not. Choose meat that is less processed (less deli meat or cured or smoked meat), choose whole grain anything as it hasn't been processed as much to remove all the fiber. The less it is processed the better it is for your body. It will satisfy you longer and give you better nutrition.
It does and thank you very much Alix!

All good and well, but the idea that you can attain good health merely by eating well is a myth. It's only half the formula. Exercise is essential.
It's all good, and I'm still loosing weight Scotch, You know what was cool? My mom asked me over to shoot my nephew in color film, digital, black and white, And we live on a very steep hill which caused me in the past to be helped up the because of my health and my bad ticker, Well since I've lost 3o some pounds I actually ran up the hill, I ran faster then my nephew, mom and my step dad. So it was great and I feel darn good.

eating only one meal a day is not great for one's metabolism. Again, I recommend that since you are taking classes, seeking a degree, you take a health/wellness/conditioning course and learn from professionals. A nutrition class wouldn't hurt, either. 2 birds, 1 stone: health benefits you are seeking as well as credit for courses taken that could count towards your degree. Cheaper than health clubs and visits to a nutritionist.
But, ya gotta wanna do it...
I may do back packing but I want to ask the instructor about my bad heart. Although I can carry about 50 pounds of gear on me with no problem and 1 extra camera slung over my shoulder, I doughty I can hike for 10 + miles like your hubby can Wyogal!

I was thinking that you ought to learn something about fitness and exercise (and earn college credit for it), of course, consulting with your doctor.

I was thinking that you ought to learn something about fitness and exercise (and earn college credit for it), of course, consulting with your doctor.
Well back packing is a collage coarse, and you can get 4 academic credits for taking the class, You would be hiking, setting up your tent's, cooking, eating natural "earth supplied food"

Which is cool, but I still want to consult both people.

and kudos for losing the weight and running up the hill!
Thank you Wyogal, like I said I was never able to run up the hill before and everyone had to help me up and I would be "LONG WINDED" and out of breath for 4-6 minutes and then when I gained my breath back I would say Ok I'm tired and then go take a long nap, So I'm very very happy!

By the way I've replaced beef with fish as a part of my own diet plan.

what do you mean by "earth supplied food?" When my husband backpacks, he does not take from the land. Very impractical.
I was thinking that you ought to try a conditioning class first. They teach you how to exercise, using a variety of techniques.

what do you mean by "earth supplied food?" When my husband backpacks, he does not take from the land. Very impractical.
I was thinking that you ought to try a conditioning class first. They teach you how to exercise, using a variety of techniques.
I mean earth supplied food, E.G "smelly wild onions, not the non smelly kind, fish, different eatable berries, eatable leaves and so on.

I may take one of those classes in the winter time, So I don't gain my weight back by sitting in front of the pc all winter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom