Hello all. I am living in a house that has a septic tank. So far- no problems. I have been advised not to put too much into my garbage disposall. Also not to put too much grease down there.
On the web it says the biggest problem with a septic system is too much laundry, actually the man-made fibers clog things up. But
Today I was about to dump a large jar of pickle juice down there- after eating all those great home-made pickles...
Question, is that too much acid for the septic tank? What other places can I dospose of it? Garden? lawn? Construction site porta potties?
OBTW as an active homebrewer, I put a good dose of active yeast down there every three weeks or so- so there is plenty of nutirent down there.
Any thoughts, facts, conjectures? or other info on living/cooking with a septic system?