Question of the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easy answer for me. I received an early birthday card from one of my favorite aunts. In it she included a black-and-white picture of me. It was taken when I was about 3-years-old in my family's home in Omaha, Nebraska. I was sitting in my little maple rocking chair, wearing a plaid dress with a Peter Pan collar, brown Mary Jane shoes, and anklets. I was holding my orange Persian kitty, Mitzi, on my lap.

Believe it or not, I remember the dress, shoes and rocking chair. The picture was taken over 50 years ago. I love it.

Last edited:
Being greeted by Julie, my shop cat as I walked across the alley to open the back door of the shop. Julie is psychic and knows when I'm coming. All i have to do is approach the building and Julie will jump up onto the little ledge I built for him at the bottom of the window in the door.

In case you're wondering, Julie is really Julius. Katie and I were a wee bit naive about determining the gender of a kitten.

A few things did it for me. One was the gorgeous weather. Another was wrapping up a research paper and taking my last final of the semester! And lastly, talking to my boyfriend. He always puts me in a better mood when I'm stressed.

CherryRed & SurvivorGirl: You made me smile! I had almost forgot to turn on the TV for the local news. My son is participating in an obstacle driving course with some other teens at our high school. They will get a cool T-shirt as well!!!

Laughing at my friend...she was driving and on the phone (I know..bad bad bad). All of a sudden she shouted "WHAT THE !@$@, there is a turkey in the road!"

I asked her if it was a wild turkey and she came back with "Well how the heck do I know if it's tame or not???"

Angie said:
Laughing at my friend...she was driving and on the phone (I know..bad bad bad). All of a sudden she shouted "WHAT THE !@$@, there is a turkey in the road!"

I asked her if it was a wild turkey and she came back with "Well how the heck do I know if it's tame or not???"
ok taht was my new smile!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

I got to plant some of my flowers today. I put some of them in with my hosta's, (which are absolutely beautiful right now).:)

Watching a feel good movie last night made me smile after 2 days of no smiles.

Today I will smile knowing my boy is home tomorrow night!

Receiving an email from a very good friend today ( just when I needed the lift!) plus DH makes me smile every day.

Found out I got an "A" on my final exam. Now just waiting to see if it was enough to pull the grade up to an A for the semester!

Paul stopped and bought vanilla bean ice cream for me on the way home from work. :) double scoop worth of smiles.

Walking into a wonderful apartment in a medium sized village in England--outside of London, after my husband had his computer bag stolen on an Amsterdam train. The thieves got his computer, money, wedding ring, and university ring and worst of all (if you disregard the sentimental issues---PASSPORT) Luckily he was not hurt. His company has put us up in a wonderful, quaint apartment and everyone has been nice. The people that I have met on the street are so very friendly and I even had a school crossing marm today carry her large stop sign and help me across the street. The apartment management people couldn't be nicer or more accomodating---I'm like in lala land. Unfortunately, my trip over from Houston was a nightmare---maybe that will be another posting. But anyway it's been fates' desire so far that we are fine and okay---we even heard today that we may actually return to Kazakstan after a-1-2 weeks. So we will see what happens---in the meantime being here amongst strangers in a strange land is a challenge----nice to know that I have met some really nice people.

Back
Top Bottom