Question of the Day - May 21st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurvivorGirl

Sous Chef
Gee's louise it's been a while hasn't it?:rolleyes:
so it is now time for a quesiton of the day!! (hold your excitement please).

If you could travel back in time to any year, what year would it be? (yes you can travel back to shakespears time if you wanted to, don't know who would but you never know!;))

personally i would go back not to far, around the time "The outsiders" takes place in. I think that it's 1967 or somewhere back then. don't ask me why though, i'v just always wanted to go back to that time.
you?

Hmmmm. Good question. My first response would be the 40s because I love the fashions and music of the "big band" era.

However, I love the mid 1800s, too, with all the excitement, Civil War, etc. Not that I consider the Civil War a warm and fuzzy thing. I think it has more to do with changes and advancements.

I love the evolution of customs, dance, fashion, foods, etc. that happen over time. Poodle skirts, hula hoops, fondue, those sorts of things. Every era is filled with all sorts of fun. Even those that had leisure suits and afro hairdos. Everything has its place.

Any year that I lost a close family member. To tell them I love them one more time. 2005, early July would be my first stop to tell my mother...

Uncle Bob said:
Any year that I lost a close family member. To tell them I love them one more time. 2005, early July would be my first stop to tell my mother...
I so agree with you on this one ! Then back to when I was 4-5, and to see it through these older eyes.

Uncle Bob said:

Me, too, Bob. I would go back to a year that my beloved grandmother was still alive and healthy. Maybe 20 years ago.

I would NOT want to go back to any time where medicine, dentistry and personal hygeine (sp?) were poor!

Lee

With me it would be about 1840's in Luxembourg, France and Germany, that would be right before my family would travel here. I would love to find them all and see what was happening to make them come to America. Of course I have many other times I would love to travel to, for many different reasons.

Back
Top Bottom