"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Oh, come on, Derek! We saw photos of you grilling at your folks' house, and you're not an ugly guy. Maybe you aren't exactly in the same league as Brad Pitt (who is?), but you look like a nice person. Women, at least those worth knowing, are usually less interested in looks than men are, so maybe this babe found you interesting and nice, probably a pleasant change from the sort of self-absorbed pretty boys who usually chase her.

Don't try to figure out why she likes you, just accept it. If it works out, great; if not, well, you're no worse off than before you met her. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
You have a point Scotch, I still don't believe love at first site, However she would be a cool friend to hang around with and I did enjoy her company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Some people have no concept of personal space. And others have much different ideas of what personal space constitutes. I show adolescents this difference from time to time. One takes a turn at being "IT" and everyone else spreads out about 10 feet away. The person who is it then has each person in turn walk toward them and then says "stop" when they feel they are close enough to that person. So lets say you and I do this experiment Chile. You might allow me to get within 3 feet of you when you are IT. But when it is my turn I might not allow you any closer than 6 feet. People have different levels of comfort.
You have a good idea Alix, When it got a little uncomfortable I've used my camera as an exuse and got up and moved to a chair! Because some times I felt her leg against mine when we were sitting on the couch.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 AM   #12
Sous Chef

CC - If you want to learn a world of advice? Listen to what Alix said, than read what she said again.

I'd let Alix take me home with her, but she probably would know better

Bob

Old 07-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
CC - If you want to learn a world of advice? Listen to what Alix said, than read what she said again.

I'd let Alix take me home with her, but she probably would know better

Bob
Thanks Bob, She was talking about adolescence and space but could be adopted by me if it happens next time.