Question on a woman?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Hi gang, We had a birthday party for my nephew, and his mom came out with a few people I could care less about, One was her boy friend, and one was a weird girl. and one was nice looking.

Ok pretty much all day me and the nice looking girl chatted, but when she sat down besides me she pretty much wanted to sit in my lap, And or very close to me, shes about 20-22 years old and she was really nice looking. However why would a nice looking woman at her age like a guy at my age?

1. Money (or perceived money)
2. Trying to make a guy jealous
3. Naturally flirty and forward

Those come to mind, but of course I have no idea. Maybe it was love at first sight? ;)

:)Barbara

1. Money (or perceived money)
2. Trying to make a guy jealous
3. Naturally flirty and forward

Those come to mind, but of course I have no idea. Maybe it was love at first sight? ;)

I think it was more of a forward thing, I'm pretty much an ugly GUY, probably the uglyist guy you will see in a long time.

First, we need to see a picture of her.
I don't show personal photo's on the web anymore, I've learned that lesson a long time ago!

I don't show personal photo's on the web anymore, I've learned that lesson a long time ago!
You mean you don't really look like a can of soup? How disappointing!

Hey, ugly is an inside thing, not a "looks" thing, so no more of that!

Or you could just have completely misinterpreted things. She might just be friendly and you were having an engaging conversation. Until she actually does climb into your lap I don't think you should make assumptions.

You mean you don't really look like a can of soup? How disappointing!

Hey, ugly is an inside thing, not a "looks" thing, so no more of that!

Well the woman I hang around with always say looks is everything, but then again they're pretty much school girls "I'm talking about my class mates".

Anyways I don't believe in love at first site!

She only done this to my niece "her best friend" and her dad's boy.

Anyways I don't know about woman any more and it sucks, However when she talked to me she was staring into my soul it felt like!

Or you could just have completely misinterpreted things. She might just be friendly and you were having an engaging conversation. Until she actually does climb into your lap I don't think you should make assumptions.
You could be right, but why do some poeple want to crawl into your lap? "or seem like it Alix?"

Don't worry I have ethic's even if shes 20-22 I will stay clear of her unless it's a good conversation!

Oh, come on, Derek! We saw photos of you grilling at your folks' house, and you're not an ugly guy. Maybe you aren't exactly in the same league as Brad Pitt (who is?), but you look like a nice person. Women, at least those worth knowing, are usually less interested in looks than men are, so maybe this babe found you interesting and nice, probably a pleasant change from the sort of self-absorbed pretty boys who usually chase her.

Don't try to figure out why she likes you, just accept it. If it works out, great; if not, well, you're no worse off than before you met her. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Some people have no concept of personal space. And others have much different ideas of what personal space constitutes. I show adolescents this difference from time to time. One takes a turn at being "IT" and everyone else spreads out about 10 feet away. The person who is it then has each person in turn walk toward them and then says "stop" when they feel they are close enough to that person. So lets say you and I do this experiment Chile. You might allow me to get within 3 feet of you when you are IT. But when it is my turn I might not allow you any closer than 6 feet. People have different levels of comfort.

Oh, come on, Derek! We saw photos of you grilling at your folks' house, and you're not an ugly guy. Maybe you aren't exactly in the same league as Brad Pitt (who is?), but you look like a nice person. Women, at least those worth knowing, are usually less interested in looks than men are, so maybe this babe found you interesting and nice, probably a pleasant change from the sort of self-absorbed pretty boys who usually chase her.

Don't try to figure out why she likes you, just accept it. If it works out, great; if not, well, you're no worse off than before you met her. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
You have a point Scotch, I still don't believe love at first site, However she would be a cool friend to hang around with and I did enjoy her company!

Some people have no concept of personal space. And others have much different ideas of what personal space constitutes. I show adolescents this difference from time to time. One takes a turn at being "IT" and everyone else spreads out about 10 feet away. The person who is it then has each person in turn walk toward them and then says "stop" when they feel they are close enough to that person. So lets say you and I do this experiment Chile. You might allow me to get within 3 feet of you when you are IT. But when it is my turn I might not allow you any closer than 6 feet. People have different levels of comfort.
You have a good idea Alix, When it got a little uncomfortable I've used my camera as an exuse and got up and moved to a chair! Because some times I felt her leg against mine when we were sitting on the couch.

CC - If you want to learn a world of advice? Listen to what Alix said, than read what she said again.

I'd let Alix take me home with her, but she probably would know better ;)

Bob

Back
Top Bottom