Question on Ziploc Zip'n Steam bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't used them but have no problems with plastic wrap over a bowl. I'd guess the bags cost more than the plastic wrap.

Why not use a bowl with a plate set on top of it, instead of something you have to send to a landfill?

You'll feel so smug and goody-goody if you do it that way. :LOL:

I use a plate on a bowl when heating frozen soup. It's easier to lift the plate and stir up the soup then put the plate back on top and heat some more.

Sparrowgrass, around here it goes in the recycle bucket, they recycle just about anything that is not garbage. I like the idea of using a plate, I just never really thought about it.

i use them and they work great. i just cut the suggested time for steaming by 2 minutes. we like our veggies crisp.

I am getting a little paranoid about cooking things in plastic. It is probably silly, but I use glass bowls and plates instead of plastic.

If I am storing leftovers, I do use plastic reuseable containers, but I don't heat in them.

Quick, get my tinfoil hat--the plastic is out to get me.

I am getting a little paranoid about cooking things in plastic. It is probably silly, but I use glass bowls and plates instead of plastic.

If I am storing leftovers, I do use plastic reuseable containers, but I don't heat in them.

Quick, get my tinfoil hat--the plastic is out to get me.
:LOL::LOL: btw i don't heat things in plastic either but only because they get pitted and stained.

Back
Top Bottom