Hi my name is Shirley and I am working on a senior project. My senior project is about baking, pastry chefs, and I am planning to bake and decorate a cake. Part of the project is to gather 5 interviews. If any pastry chefs, bakers, or home chefs, have any time to spare, could you please answer these interview questions? There is a lot but you can just answer 6-8 in any order, and it's up to you which question to choose. Feel free to answer more if you'd like. Thank you so much
* How does one become a pastry chef or a specialist, making desserts?
* Where do you get your experience?
* What were some factors in your decision to become a pastry chef?
* What inspired you to become a pastry chef?
* How did you start your career?
* How do you feel about being a pastry chef?
* Were there any obstacles or challenges you had to face?
* What kinds of desserts do you enjoy making?
* Have you made any wedding cakes?
* Have you entered any pastry competitions?
* Where did you go to school to learn to become a pastry chef?
* What are some special techniques you have learned and mastered?
* Are there any big mistakes you made and learned from?
* How long have you been a pastry chef?
* What suggestions would you give to students aspiring to become pastry chefs?
* What is your favorite part about being a pastry chef?
* Where do you come up with your recipes?
* Do you have any suggestions for my project?
* Do you have any tips for the cake I will be attempting to bake and decorate?
You can email me the Q&A at email@example.com or just reply to the post. Thank you so much I will truly appreciate it.
Mslulu - try googling some cooking schools inyour area and submit this questionnairre to some of the teachere there OR call a local person in your area who makes wedding cakes and the like. I bet if you asked nicely, you'd get some good responses.
I bake alot, but I am just a self taught home cook.