Quiche and its health risks...???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing I could find is "Liquor Control Board of Ontario"

On the recipe page, I found no reference to the initials. Maybe it's their stock market symbol.

Thanks, Tim. I think you're right, but I don't think governmental agencies have stock symbols.

I apologize if I'm being dumb today, but what is LCBO?
Not a problem--we have Beer Stores and LCBOs here <g>. You can buy beer at the LCBO but not liquor or wine at the Beer Store. Regardless, check out the Food and Drink Magazine (Recipes). Amazing recipes. Tested and True. The Holiday editions have really good recipes...people mark their calendars as to when the mag will be in because it is gone within a few hours.

Welcome to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO)

It is the Liquor Control Board of Ontario. On the above-referenced page, the acronym LCBO is included in (). Regardless, the magazine has AMAZING recipes. The link I shared for the Swiss Chard Quiche/tart was from LCBO's F&D magazine.

Thanks CWS, I'll keep an eye on it for recipes.

That's weird that they don't have a single page on thier site that says what LCBO means. They just keep repeating LCBO on every page.

I really didn't think it was the Liquor Control Board of Ontario. What a weird place to find recipes! :ROFLMAO:

When friends came up from CT, they found that the Beer Store was a weird concept, and that the LCBO was even harder to "get their heads around." The LCBO's Food and Drink magazine was started in ... 1998? I have all the issues and I have almost all the recipes on a memory stick. I've suggested they should issue a "Best of Food and Drink" cookbook. I did notice that back issues are now available for a fee. It is a way to promote different wines, etc., and to provide recipes with which one could serve the same. It started as a 16-page leaflet...the XMas (Holiday issue) is now over 300 pages! It is a very well-done magazine and disapears from the LCBO within a couple of days. When at the LCBO, it is free. It takes about 4-6 weeks for the recipes in the latest edition to appear online.

I have made so many recipes out of the Holiday editions over the years...one year, there was a great section on flavoring sugar...another year, there was a great savory cheesecake (you might like that recipe), another year, there were cookies from around the world...In the beginning, the recipes were complicated (or maybe my culinary skills were not up to snuff). In recent years, the recipes have been much more do-able.

Last edited:
That's pretty nice. My neighboring state, NH, has a NHSLC - New Hampshire State Liquor Commission - but all they do is sell booze and wines. Beer is sold in supermarkets in NH (along with wine). No recipes at all.

In MA, all alcoholic beverages are sold by independent businesses licensed by the individual cities and towns.

Last edited:
The LCBO's Food and Drink magazine was started in ... 1998? I have all the issues and I have almost all the recipes on a memory stick.

I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full and it won't let me.

Would you be interested in emailing me a copy of the recipe file(s) on that memory stick?

Back
Top Bottom