"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-29-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quiet time in my house!

Guess 1 a.m. is quiet time here in the Harlan House. It's called Harlan House because of the name of the original owners back in 1880. Not our name. We also live on Harlan Hill, which is awesome for sledding.

At any rate, it's amazingly quiet here at the moment. Sally (The Rocket) is finally asleep on a stack of books on the coffee table. Earlier this evening she was trashing the family room. Miss Augie has finally decided to leave me alone after spending most of the evening trying to attach herself to my right arm and/or thigh. Love you, love you, love you, mommy!

Tween has his massive orange, fluffy body draped over the back of the sofa and Ashley (my avatar) is right next to Tween. Don't know how Tween can sleep because Ashley is snoring like a freight train.

Chessie Lou and Miss Rodeo are totally "out" and comfy by the electric radiator across the room.

All this means I can walk across the room without any protection. Earlier, Sally would've knocked me to the floor with her zooming around.

Guess it's night-night....finally.

Oh, no! Sally just said, "Meow, meow, meow......

Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
Master Chef

LOL sounds like you have a house-full there! And I thought my two dogs were a handful to deal with!
So, was that a call for Meow Mix ya heard??

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Everymom

Hope you are having a nice restful sleep Katie. Sounds like your quiet time and mine are vastly different at the moment. LOL. In my world 7-9AM is quiet time. The furry kids wake up early and start gently nagging for breakfast around 7. They've been sleeping in a bit since we've had holidays. Tuxedo snuggles under my arm and starts purring so loud I'm afraid it will wake the neighbours. Murray hears the purring begin and begins the moan and stretch routine that big dogs do so well. About then I decide to get up. While I'm washing my face and brushing my teeth Tuxedo is Mmmmrrrrp-ing at my feet to "hurry up" and Murray is hunting for one of his toys to bring me to greet the morning. I give them their breakfast and morning loves and head to see our diabetic girl Toonces. As soon as I am visible she starts yowling for her food too. So, food and her shot and all is quiet. After the livestock have been fed they all settle around me at the computer and are quiet til the rest of the house wakes. Being that it is Christmas holidays that can be pretty late for the teenagers in the house! I enjoy it though as its the only uninterrupted time I get on the computer while they are home!