"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Wish I could thank you all individually, but I'll just have to karma you all. Thanks so much for all of your support, it means a great deal to me.

So far, I still feel very confident about this. My mind is on quitting. Thanks to those that sent links to sites for quitting, I've saved those

I've been smoking for a number of years, and did cold turkey with success, and lolly pops, and did the patch before as well, So I am confident I can do this again. Need to get lolly pops again more than likely (keeps that sensation of mouth and hand busy).

I cannot thank you all enough for your help. I appreciate this, and thank you.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
Executive Chef

So I am taking it all in now, tomorrow the big day. I put one of my ashtrays in the dish washer, and the rest will follow suit. Any cigarettes that are leftover today will go into the trash, and I will be out all day tomorrow doing something different so that I can keep myself out of the usual routine when I would normally smoke.

My friend whom I mentioned at the beginning of this thread, used the patch, and found it made her allergic, or so she said, so she'll be giving me her patches. I might try cold turkey first, but have the patch on hand just in case. Dam, I forgot the lolly pops at the store today! I suspect I will be on a shopping spree tomorrow to keep busy