Quitting Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John, I am sorry that you are sick but proud that you and jpmcgrew and Mav have stuck with the plan. My hats off to you.

You guys are doing great!! Don't give up now. If you do, you will have to start all over again and you don't want to go through that again, right?
John, get better my friend!!

Boys 'n girls, you're making me proud. Keep up the good work, in spite of the cravings. And YT, I'm hoping you get better very soon. Have some good chicken soup, made with lots of cracked bones to get all of the collagen and nutrients from the marrow. Remember to toss in a bit of slightly acidic ingredients, like celery, and maybe atouhc of tomato to help extract the inner-bone goodies.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

well, I had a slip up last Saturday and had a cig after a long fight with an inkjet printer (lost nearly half a litre of assorted ink color mainly oven Me!) and I`d just had enough.
needless to say I couldn`t smoke all of it as I could feel it burning my lungs, it REALLY hurt! (funny that it never used to though????).
anyway, I`m still off them and destroyed the rest of the pack I bought, dumb mistake, but interesting to know the effect it had.
I think I made the right choice quitting, smoking really IS nasty!

well, I had a slip up last Saturday and had a cig after a long fight with an inkjet printer (lost nearly half a litre of assorted ink color mainly oven Me!) and I`d just had enough.
needless to say I couldn`t smoke all of it as I could feel it burning my lungs, it REALLY hurt! (funny that it never used to though????).
anyway, I`m still off them and destroyed the rest of the pack I bought, dumb mistake, but interesting to know the effect it had.
I think I made the right choice quitting, smoking really IS nasty!

:) Good for you. I'm glad you tossed the cigs. I'm quit at 40 days but I still get a craving every so often. I have had a couple of light headaches the past couple of days I think I'm still in a detox mode I believe it takes a long time to get the chemicals out.

That's wonderful hear! I'm proud or you both,YT and jp! It sounds like having that cigarette may turn out to be the best thing you could have done YT...it will give you a reminder the next time you think you want one. I've been quit for 9 years now and every now and then I still get an urge...usually when I'm in a stressful situation...but it's not strong and it goes away in just a few minutes.

You're both doing so good!! YT, don't worry about a slip, you're still doing great!!
jp, your headaches will ease up a lot. It's just like stopping caffeine too.

Keep it up guys, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Seven months for me now from a 50 a day habit and I'm about $3500 better off financially.

The urge is still there at times but you remind yourself that you don't need to smoke. My urge has gone from committing murder for a smoke to severely wounding. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom