Quitting Smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) So far so good. Still dealing with the urges but OK. I can do cocktails no problem but I think I better stay away from other smokers and drinks at the same time for now.

The biggest change for me was my eating habits. When I smoked, I never ate breakfast and only had a cup or two of coffee. I would eat a humongous lunch and a normal dinner.

Now, I cannot go without some sort of food in the morning.

DON"T WORRY ABOUT GAINING WEIGHT!

It's easier to lose weight than it is to quit smoking. So do what you need to do to quit, then deal with the weight later. I found spicy snacks helped curve any urges because it gave me the same burning sensation as the smoke did. There's like zero calories in hot sauce, just find something good to snack on. My "go-to" snack was orange slices with hot sauce. Tasted like BBQ, but was actually good for me. I made them alot after dinner.

Like I've said before, you first must really want to quit or you never will.

img_770876_0_8d62bf8423d750cd4f00799cab60909f.jpg

I have been quit for 1 Week, 6 Days, 9 hours, 19 minutes and 8 seconds (13 days). I have saved $66.93 by not smoking 267 cigarettes. I have saved 22 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/1/2009 6:08 PM

It says hit ctrl + F12 to put stats into a message, but I can't get that to work. Instead I have to go to edit, then copy stats, then paste stats in here. Ah well, at least I can get it in here LOL.

:) Doing good I was really irritable Monday and Tuesday I'm guessing it was because of the chemicals from the cigs I think they take the longest to get out of the body. I'm at over two weeks now not smoking.
Honestly I don't how I did it as I thought I would never be able to quit as I loved to smoke. The money I will save is a big bonus as well.

Maybe you need to go take a walk. Exercising will help you feel better and give you a short break from the people who are saying this to you.

Bleeeggghhh...

I`v spent the whole of this week in bed with maxed out Flu symptoms, I`v had a viral infection now for the last 4 months that has already cost me my hearing, but this latest bout of whatever it is I have has floored me.
but I`m still not smoking!

I`v managed to Hack my nintendo DS and can now get online from in bed (or anywhere else more or less), so worst comes to the worst I now have you guys in my Pyjama pocket! ;)

Bleeeggghhh...

I`v spent the whole of this week in bed with maxed out Flu symptoms, I`v had a viral infection now for the last 4 months that has already cost me my hearing, but this latest bout of whatever it is I have has floored me.
but I`m still not smoking!

I`v managed to Hack my nintendo DS and can now get online from in bed (or anywhere else more or less), so worst comes to the worst I now have you guys in my Pyjama pocket! ;)

Sorry you aren't feeling well, John. Hope you are better very soon. And, good for you for not giving in to smoking. You'll make it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom