Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wasn't sure if it was written by the rolling stones. they ripped off a lot of old blues musicians in their day. by the time i looked it up, i was distracted by work.

and c'mon addie. unless you've lived with your fingers in your ears, in a cave, on mars, i'm sure you've heard that song.

Last edited:
i wasn't sure if it was written by the rolling stones. they ripped off a lot of old blues musicians in their day. by the time i looked it up, i was distracted by work.

and c'mon addie. unless you've lived with your fingers in your ears, in a cave, on mars, i'm sure you've heard that song.
So, did the Stones write it or rip it off?

So, did the Stones write it or rip it off?

They did an outstanding "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" , which was a ripoff of an old blues song.

And I have no idea what BT's Martian proverb means!

"Brylcream, a little dab will do you, she'll love to put her fingers through your hair."

Last edited:

I have never heard any music by them. For years I thought they were always talking about the newpaper called that. My kids finally told me the difference. I am more into Beverly Sills. :angel:

you were only in your late 20's, early 30's when they were at their most popular.

well, i guess to each his own.

hey, there's a quote.

by cicero, before anyone climbs up my butt about it. :)

you were only in your late 20's, early 30's when they were at their most popular.

well, i guess to each his own.

hey, there's a quote.

by cicero, before anyone climbs up my butt about it. :)

At that age, I was up to my ears in children and housework. :angel:

and you've never heard of them or their songs for nearly 50 years?

ok. never mind.

:huh:

:glare:

bt. I don't even own a radio. One time when my youngest had a friend over, I had some music playing that was a classical piece. His friend commented on "how can you listen to that?" My son's response was, "I have grown up listening to it all my life." Classical music was my lullaby's and my children's. My youngest has a wide taste in music to this day. Including Gregorian Chant. My middle son loves jazz. My two oldest ones listen to soft jazz. I have no idea where they got that from. I am not fond of jazz. :angel:

ok, whatever. you are pretty adept at being involved in the computer/information age, radio or not, so it seems odd. but be it as it may.

ok, whatever. you are pretty adept at being involved in the computer/information age, radio or not, so it seems odd. but be it as it may.

bt, my occupation was that of a Professional Temporary Worker. I did that for more than 25 years. So I learned computers when they were first appearing in offices. When you had two five inch floppy disks and had to know how to program your own documents. I was in on the ground floor. I knew Windows Office so well that I found myself teaching it to computer geeks. Even I thought that was odd. Word Processing was an occupation in and of itself. I was sent on assignments that required me to learn a whole new skill almost overnight. And I also got a lot of call backs for my services. I did have some offers for a permanent position in the company. But I liked the diversity of what I was doing. I could never get fired. All they could do was call the agency and let them know they no longer needed my services. I always got paid top dollar for my knowledge.

My intelligence comes from the genes of my father. He worked for a newspaper and was also in the morgue. That is the department you call when you want some information. Like what year did the Titanic sink. He would give the answer right off the top of his head. I never knew him to be wrong. I also got my love of classical music from him.

I have always loved the process of learning something new. :angel:

Last edited:
Didn't I read that you were a nurse too? :huh:

I was an Aide. When I had just two kids. It was a very small community hospital. Twenty-five beds. They got caught screwing Medicare for a few million dollars. Maternity only had five of those beds. They had one RN for each shift and one practical nurse. Not licensed. Everyone else was an Aide. I got the job because I was a mother and knew how to take care of babies. That hospital doesn't exist anymore. That was the end of my medical career. But I still remember everything I learned. Can you imagine a big city hospital letting an Aide into the OR to be the dirty nurse today? That was another one of my jobs. Counting the 4x4s and hanging them on the rack. The only place I didn't work was with the male patients. They had a male pratical nurse for them. I kept my mouth shut, did what I was told. I needed that job. That job lasted seven months. Then the place was closed down. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom