Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice-life-quotes-thoughts-life-choices-reflection-of-life-different-result-great-best.jpg

It's a little long and I had to traslate it, but it's pretty true.

"Non bisogna credere che gli uomini si inchinino spontaneamente alla virtù, al carattere, al talento; non bisogna credere che l'innocenza, la rettitudine, la mitezza siano una difesa sufficiente nel mondo: se la tua individualità non impone rispetto, gli uomini onoreranno in astratto le tue doti eminenti, ma le disprezzeranno e le derideranno nella tua persona"

"You shouldn't think that people stoop of their own accord to virtue, disposition, talent; you shouldn't think that innocence, probity, mildness are a sufficient protection in the world: if your personality doesn't command respect, people will celebrate your eminent skills in the abstract, but they will scorn and mock them in your person."

(Piero Martinetti)

I hope to not have made too much mistakes. Too bad it doesn't exist a english traslation of Martinetti's works.

The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift.....
That's why it's called the present

I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same questions

Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong

Back
Top Bottom