Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Confucius
September 28, 551 B.C.: The legendary Chinese philosopher, Confucius, was born on the Shandong peninsula, 2,563 years ago today. His family was poor and in his youth he tended livestock, but in later years he had many disciples and served for a time as the Minister of Crime.

Wise men talk because they have something to say.
Fools talk because they have to say something.

Author unknown

Get to know two things about a man - how he earns his money and how be spends it - and you have the clue to his character, for you have a searchlight that shows up the innermost recesses of his soul. You know all you need to know about his standards, his motives, his driving desires, and his real religion.

— Robert J. McCracken

You can't get a suit of armour and a rubber chicken just like that. You have to plan ahead.

Michael Palin

October 5, 1969: Forty-four years ago today, the comedy show Monty Python's Flying Circus premiered on the BBC. John Cleese, Eric Idle, and Michael Palin were all in the hugely influential troupe.

A well-composed book is a magic carpet on which we are wafted to a world that we cannot enter in any other way.
Caroline Gordon

"I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Albert Einstein

I do not seek to understand in order that I may believe, but I believe in order that I may understand, for this I feel sure, that if I did not believe I would understand.

Written in the 11th century.

The pleasure of all reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books.
Katherine Mansfield

Back
Top Bottom