Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine of them will run into the ditch before they reach you. - Calvin Coolidge

[FONT=&quot]"The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day, you're off it." -Jackie Gleason

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really
quite busy. [/FONT]

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we
are spiritual beings having a human experience.
--Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

I love Will Rogers quotes.

1480662_10151851876123030_1707713095_n.jpg

I shouldn't think even millionaires could eat anything nicer than new bread and real butter and honey for tea.

Dodie Smith

Saw this on Facebook

We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.

We are monkeys with money and guns.

-- Tom Waits

(Actually we are apes with money and guns. ;))

We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.

We are monkeys with money and guns.

-- Tom Waits

(Actually we are apes with money and guns. ;))

Yep! And typewriters? "The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare."

My mother was the making of me. She was so true, to sure of me and I felt that I had someone to live for, someone I must not disappoint. Thomas A. Edisons

"People who live in glasses houses shouldn't throw stones"

Old proverb that may have originated with Chaucer

“Within any important issue, there are always aspects no one wishes to discuss.”
― George Orwell

"Every problem contains within itself the seeds of its own solution." Stanley Arnold

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." R. Buckminster Fuller

Back
Top Bottom