Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you cease to strive to understand, then you will know without understanding.

Chinese Proverb

No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.

L. Frank Baum

I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.

~ Madeleine Albright - Madam Secretary (2003)

"Ellen Degeneres at Tulane University, 2009

“I know that a lot of you are concerned about your future, but there’s no need to worry. The economy is booming, the job market is wide open, the planet is just fine. It’s gonna be great. You’ve already survived a hurricane. What else can happen to you? And as I mentioned before, some of the most devastating things that happen to you will teach you the most. And now you know the right questions to ask for your first job interview — like, ‘Is it above sea level?’ "

The 21 greatest graduation speeches of the last 50 years

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made with real lemons. Alfred E. Newman

The surest defense against Evil is extreme individualism, originality of thinking, whimsicality, even—if you will—eccentricity.

Joseph Brodsky

“It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” ― Noël Coward, Blithe Spirit

a few gems from maya angelou, r.i.p.

if you don't like something, change it. if you can't change it, change your attitude.

i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

i love a hebrew national hot dog with an ice-cold corona. if the phone rings i won't answer it until i'm done.

There is a fine line between censorship and good taste and moral responsibility.

Steven Spielberg

How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted. Sir Walter Scott - Ivanhoe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom