Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
images

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Nice, isn't it? It came in the mail, along with my chance to win a free cremation. :rolleyes:
Just what I've always wanted for Christmas - a free cremation :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Just what I've always wanted for Christmas - a free cremation :ROFLMAO:

So if you win the free cremation, I wonder if they offer a twofer. Or maybe if you decide not to use your winnings, can you give it to a neighbor? Since it will be a "winning", will you have to pay taxes on it the same as if you won the lottery? Or could you claim your prize but not use it? Then leave it as part of your estate and let the kids pay any due taxes if applicable.

Am I getting carried away? I do worry about these things at night when I can't get to sleep. :angel:

I won't be looking into it, Addie. The offer comes from an 'upscale' outfit, and no doubt has conditions and fine print. When I go, it'll be without frills, with a cardboard box for the 'dust to dust' dust.

I won't be looking into it, Addie. The offer comes from an 'upscale' outfit, and no doubt has conditions and fine print. When I go, it'll be without frills, with a cardboard box for the 'dust to dust' dust.

Well since I won't be able to give any instructions or ask questions at that time, I will just rest in peace and let the family figure it out. For the first time in their lives, they won't have Mom to ask. :angel:

I'm with you kid!

I still need to lose some more weight so they don't hit me a fuel surcharge! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see...." (Henry D. Thoreau)

There are a number of great quotes in"The Diary of Lazarus Long" from Time Enough for Love by Heinlein

Yes, I have two copies of that book, along with 2 or more copies of all his others. I was a member of The Heinlein Society before they got too stuffy.

Cooking is not about being the best or most perfect cook, but rather it is about sharing the table with family and friends. Skye Gyngell

Sing like no one is listening,
love like you've never been hurt,
dance like no one is watching,
and live like it is heaven on Earth. Mark Twain

Back
Top Bottom