Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart

"One day some people came to the master and asked 'How can you be happy in a world of such impermanence, where you cannot protect your loved ones from harm, illness and death?' The master held up a glass and said 'Someone gave me this glass, and I really like this glass. It holds my water admirably and it glistens in the sunlight. I touch it and it rings! One day the wind may blow it off the shelf, or my elbow may knock it from the table. I know this glass is already broken, so I enjoy it incredibly.'"
~~Achaan Chah Subato, Thai meditation master

Stop letting people, who do so little for you, control your mind, feelings & emotions.

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad :ROFLMAO:

" If, from the more wretched parts of the old world, we look at those which are in an advanced stage of improvement, we still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised, to furnish new pretenses for revenues and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without tribute.

Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

"I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between. Perhaps my brains have turned to sand. Oh me Oh my." Brian Eno from his song "Golden Hours"

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.

A successful woman is one who can find such a man

img_1237435_0_dda91d72f6d610a9a9e3b1293d5c1c2f.jpg

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is :ROFLMAO:

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is :ROFLMAO:

She is beginning to feel tired and is knocking at my door. She wants a place to rest for a bit. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom