Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence & abscence to value presence.

Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence & abscence to value presence.

As much as I love my kids, I hate it when Spike and The Pirate get together here at my home. You can't hear the TV, not even my own thoughts.
Constant chatter for the whole night. By the time they both leave I have a headache and I fall in love with the total silence all over again. I just might run away from home and let them have the place to themselves. :angel:

I cannot approve of monarchs who want to rule over the conscience
of the people, and take away their freedom of choice and religion.

--William the Silent

Look back at our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to it's source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of the horse.
~Author Unknown

A horse can lend its rider the speed and strength he or she lacks, but the rider who is wise remembers it is no more than a loan.
~Pam Brown

"I say it's spinach and I say the hell with it."

(Old NewYorker cartoon)

carl-rose-it-s-broccoli-dear-i-say-it-s-spinach-and-i-say-the-hell-with-it-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Spiked has always LOVED spinach. When he was 12 or so, he worked in a small grocery store making deliveries and stocking the shelves. I would get some items there occasionally. I always bought two bags of spinach for the family. I told Spike if he wanted more than his share, he had to buy his own bag and I would cook it for him. So he did. Maureen always gave him her helping if I wasn't looking. :angel:

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.". J. Wellington Wimpy

"...downsizing, a procedure during which you throw out things you should have thrown out 40 years ago and can't explain why you did not." - from a weekly column by Dr. John Agnew, retired.

The Pirate is working today. YEA! He called to say he is filthy, but he is going to stop and pick up a large fried calms for me. So I have the shower already for him. He can shower while I pig out of my clams. But while I am waiting for him, I am hanging laundry, and doing other little chores around the house. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom